Ms. Ajmera's Class
Inspiring Students To Think with Depth and Complexity
January 18, 2015
I hope everyone had a great time in San Antonio!
- In Language Arts students turned in their work for their first set of chapters in their Novel Study. Next week students will continue through their novel. We will do a whole class lesson on the various types of conflict found in stories ie. man vs nature. We will also continue with vocabulary workshop. We will not a have a quote analysis this week. Instead students will begin practice writing a five paragraph essay in one sitting. We will start with persuasive writing.
- In Science, we are finishing up with the digestive process.The pictures above are from a hands-on activity we did last week. We will get into genetics in about a week.
- In Geography, we prepared trivia questions for the bus ride to San Antonio. This week we will study natural disasters.
- In Math, students were assigned a math application activity to study weather trends in January. The project is due at the end of the month. I have checked in on all of the students to ensure that they are all progressing.
- Typing Agent Unit 4 is due at the end of January
- No School on Monday, we are off for Martin Luther King Day
- We are halfway through the quarter. Grades are updated almost daily.
- We have a hip hop/ballet demo class on January 26th at 3:00 if anyone is interested in trying it out.
- Please check Edmodo if you are unclear what your child needs to work on during the week. I post notes to the class on the Edmodo newsfeed that students can add into their calendars.