Make and Take Math Workstations K-2
Planning for Purposeful Practice Manchester NH Seminar 4/12
Come Learn how to create Powerful Possibilities for Engaged Learners! April 12th, 2018
Top Reasons to Attend this Seminar:
· Discover how to effectively plan for and implement Math Workstations in Grades k-2
· Explore tools, tasks, time schedules, and transitions
· Learn innovative, hands-on games and activities to use in your lessons
· Understand how to fit it all with your current curriculum
· Create toolkits that teach
· Make a plan to effectively organize materials within your classroom space
· Develop routines and procedures for effectively doing math workstations in grades k-2
· Monitor Noise Levels (low tech & high tech ideas)
· Integrate 21st century technologies throughout the math workstations
· Assess activities
· Manage student accountability
· Discuss proven workstation working arrangements (alone, partner, small group)
Math Workstations Seminar
Quality Inn and Suites
55 John E Devine Dr, Manchester, NH 03103
Cost: $350 includes a leveled word problem and fluency workstation starter kit
3 or more - $330
10 or more - $315 (Call us)
1 Administrator is free with 3 participants.
*We take PO's. Contact us!
Time: 8:30 - 3:30 (Continental Breakfast starts at 8:00)
- Introduction To Math Workstations
- Managing Math Workstations
- A Look at the 5 Essential Elements of Math Workstations
- Integrating Digital Aspects throughout workstations
- Focus on Fluency Workstations
- Focus on Word Problem Workstations
- Desiging Effective Math Workstation Assessment
- Creating an Action Plan
Frequency Asked Questions
What will we do in the workshop?
We will discuss guided math groups and fluency and word problems workstations in depth. We will look at and discuss assessments that help to determine where students should start work and how to monitor it throughout the year. We will discuss how to fill gaps so that students can achieve grade level standards.
What will we get in the kit?
You will get a starter kit with leveled activities for fluency at your grade level.
You will get a starter kit with leveled activities for word problems at your grade level.
What other resources will be available?
You will get a mini-handbook, a dice kit and access to a variety of digital resources.