The Mariners' G.P.S.
Your Bi-Weekly Grade 12 Newsletter (2013 September 20)
G.P.S. Lunch Hour Meetings
- Sept. 20
- Oct. 4
- Oct. 18
- Nov. 1
- Nov. 15
- Nov. 29
- Dec. 13
- Jan. 17
ALL meetings take place in the Career Centre during Senior Lunch.
Arrive early as seats are limited!!!!
UPCOMING EVENTS FOR FALL 2013
Post-Secondary School Visits
- Wednesday, Sept. 25 - Bishop's University (Sherbrooke, QC)
- Wednesday, Oct. 30 - University of Western Ontario (London, ON)
- Friday, Nov. 15 - McGill University (Montreal, QC)
- Friday, Nov. 22 - Queen's University (Kingston, ON)
Cambridge University Scholarships and Admissions
Location: RSVP for log-in details
Online: Wednesday, Sept. 25 - from 7 - 8 PM (EDT)
Location: RSVP for log-in details
If you wish to know more about the Cambridge Admissions process or the Blyth Scholarships, we encourage you to attend one of these presentations. You may also wish to visit the Blyth Scholars website at: www.blythscholars.com.
STUDY AND GO ABROAD UNIVERSITY FAIR - Canada's Largest International University and Student Travel Expo
Thursday, Sep. 26th, 3-7pm
999 Canada Place
Admission to the Study and Go Abroad Fair is FREE! More details can be found on www.studyandgoabroad.com , including a list of exhibitors, scholarships and a seminar schedule.
CUE (CANADIAN UNIVERSITIES EVENT)
Monday, Sep. 30th, 1:45-3pm
Southridge Senior Secondary, Surrey, BC, Canada
To register and for more information, please see Ms. Campbell in the Counselling office.
BIG POST-SECONDARY FAIR
Tuesday, Nov. 26th, 7-9pm
13484 24 Avenue
UBC NEWS - Distributed Learning Course Deadlines revised
Completion dates for Distributed Learning courses:
- If you wish to use your Distributed Learning course (eg. online, distance, or courses at another school) in the calculation of your competitive admission average, the course must be 100% complete by February 1, 2014 and your Distributed Learning provider/school must submit the final grade to the Ministry of Education so that it appears on your Ministry of Education Student Secure Web in time for you to self-report these grades in March/April.
- Distributed learning courses completed by June 30, 2014 can be used to meet pre-requisites but will not be used in the calculation of your competitive admission average.
LORAN AWARD: CHARACTER, SERVICE, LEADERSHIP
Those who demonstrate character, service and leadership potential. Excellent applicants show a genuine commitment to serving others, great potential as leaders, strong academic performance and moral character, independent thinking, and a willingness to take meaningful risks. They also look for entrepreneurship and broad academic and extracurricular interests.
How do you apply?
If you are seeking a nomination as a sponsored applicant:
Complete your application online at: http://loranscholar.ca/apply/ up to and including PAGE 5 then print a copy for submission to Ms. Domingo or Mr. Webster in the Counselling Centre by Thursday, September 26th at 3.00 pm . Do NOT select whether you are a SPONSORED APPLICANT or not as each school is only allowed to sponsor a maximum of (3) THREE applicants. Remember that if you do not receive a nomination from your school, you may still apply as a Direct Pool applicant.
VERY STRICT DEADLINES and mailing instructions. There is an example of an application on the website. It would be beneficial to review that first prior to beginning the application.