Earning US Citizenship
the guide to becoming legal
Steps to becoming a citizen.
1. You can become a citizen by birth or naturalization if you were born in the States you don't have to take the test.
2. If you are 18 you can qualify for naturalization, if your a resident for at least 5 years or been married for 3 years to a U.S Citizen you can qualify for naturalization if you meet the guidelines.
3. Once you have meet the requirements to become a citizen you have to complete the N-400.
4. Once you get the N-400 receipt you can check out a form with everything you need to know.
5. undergo the biometrics test and get background tests and fingerprint testing.
6. USCIS will schedule an interview with you to finally receive your naturalization at last.
7. receive your form N-400 (if accepted)
8. receive a notice, to take the Oath of Allegiance. (may be same day as interview.)
9. take Oath of Allegiance
10. Understand US citizenship. Learn Rights and responsibilities. Become a Citizen.