The Gayman Gazette
"Every time we act, we send ripples into the world."
January 16, 2015
- January 19th - MLK Jr. Day - No School
- January 19th - MLK Jr. Day of Service @ 9:00 AM
- January 20th - 3rd Grade PEN Field trip
- January 27th - Spelling Bee @ 9:00 AM
- January 27th - Early dismissal @ 11:55 AM; end of 2nd marking period
- January 30th - Snow date for Spelling Bee
- February 5th - HSA General Membership Meeting @ 9:00 AM
- February 11th - Spotlight on Music; Grade 2 @ 6:00 PM; Grade 5 @ 7:00 PM
- February 13th - No School
- February 13th - 6th Grade Club Event @ Bear Creek
- February 13th - American Red Cross Blood Drive - 2:00 PM until 7:00 PM
- February 16th - Presidents' Day - No School
- February 26th - Science Fair
Martin Luther King Jr. Day Of Service
The 40 Assets Committee and CB Cares present The Martin Luther King Jr. Day of Service on Monday, January 19th. Students are invited to volunteer their time to provide services for the Bucks County Housing Group, Philadelphia Reads, Quilts for Kids, The Synergy Project and Aid For Friends (5th & 6th graders).
In preparation for The Martin Luther King Jr. Day of Service CB Cares/40 Assets will be collecting the following items outside the office starting Monday, January 5th:
- Books in good condition (no ripped pages with covers in tact) for pre-K to high school level for Philadelphia Reads
- Tarps and tents in good condition, gift cards for fast food restaurants for The Synergy Project
For complete details on how to register click here or click on the sign-up genius link below:
January Boomerang Award
This year, Gayman will continue to accept nominations for the Boomerang Award, which is our way of honoring students who best demonstrate their own developmental assets. What are Developmental Assets? Students possessing a combination of “40 Assets” are typically most successful in school and in life. These assets have the power to influence choices young people make and help them become caring, responsible adults. For a complete listing of the 40 Developmental Assets and the Nomination form please click on the link below:
January: #9 Service to Others. Young person values service to others, in their family, school, or community. He/she commits to meaningful and caring actions. Boomerang nominations may be emailed to Suzanne Vass at email@example.com, or printed out and sent into the office .
CB Cares Backpack Newsflash - January
CB Cares Educational Foundation, in partnership with Doylestown Hospital, the Central Bucks School District, local businesses, and the community, is dedicated to enriching the experience of students through learning grants and 40 Assets-based programs which promote responsible and resilient youth.
The January issue of CB Cares Backpack Newsflash contains:
- Boomerang Youth Recognition Award Winners For January
- Assets in Action
- Positive Coaching Award (PCA) - Nominate your coach today
- and more!
Please click here to view the January issue.
Science Fair Is Coming
We are beginning our planning of the highly anticipated Science Fair - February 26th. Participating in the Science Fair gives all students the unique opportunity to observe and explore the wonderful world around them. Students get to investigate answers to questions, then design and create a project to display their discoveries using different intelligences.
For complete details and to sign-up click here.
Kindergarten and First Grade Registration
Just a reminder that if you have not yet registered your kindergarten age-child or first grade child for the 2015-2016 school year, please contact Central Registration at (267) 893-2111 to schedule your appointment. You may also contact Central Registration via the CBSD.org web site by clicking here.
We look forward to meeting you and your child at the kindergarten screenings that begin in May. First grade testing will take place in June.