Art City Eagles
April 11, 2022
If at any time you have questions or concerns, please contact your child's teacher, call the office or email me - email@example.com
End of year testing: It's that time again. End of year testing for 3-5th grade students will begin this week. A few reminders about testing:
- Remember, end of year testing is just ONE assessment piece that should be considered in looking at student growth.
- Make sure your child knows that as long as they do their best, it is all ok!
- This one test does NOT define your child as a learner or you as a parent. It is one assessment.
- A good breakfast (not sugar filled, please) and plenty of sleep are key factors in students performing their best. Please ensure your child get a good nights sleep and that they are here at school for breakfast, or they eat a good breakfast at home.
- Please communicate with your child's teacher regarding testing times. It is very difficult for students to make up testing time. Being at school, on time really helps students perform at their best.
- Remind your child every day that their best is good enough. Encourage them to do their very best on each question, to try and not just click random answers.
- Did I mention that their best effort is enough? All we can ever ask is that kids try their best and then be proud of what they have done.
- Encourage, praise, encourage and praise again!
- If you have any questions, please contact your child's teacher or myself.
Family Skate Night: Our awesome PTA has arranged a skate night on Monday, April 25 from 5-9 pm at Classic Skating in Orem. (250 S. State St.). Skating admission is free for the whole family. Rentals are $3 or you can bring your own skates, blades, scooter or skate mate from home. Dinner deals available for $4. Come and have a great evening as a family and with Art City friends.
2022-2023 School Year: This time of year I begin to think about NEXT school year. When thinking about student placement for next year, please know that I do not take specific teacher requests. However, if you have an educational concern regarding your child, please email me and let me know of your concerns. There are many factors that go into student placement. I spend many, many hours on this task and do my best to be extremely thoughtful with student placement. I appreciate parents letting me know of concerns. Again, please email me these concerns BEFORE the end of this school year. Please do not request a specific teacher. If you feel it best to come in and visit in person, please email and we can set up a time to talk through your concerns so that I can make the best decision for all students and teachers.
Specialty classes do a lot of integration and have great learning opportunities for our students. Check out what they are doing this week.
PE this week: TK-2 Fitness Activity - Four Corner Animal Walks. Lesson Focus - Movement Skills. 3-5 Fitness Activity - Squad Leader Exercises. Lesson Focus - Track and Field Skills
Music this week: K-5th Learn Dynamics, Read Book "Music of the Rain" Create a thunderstorm with improvised instruments, and found sounds.
Computers this week: 1st, 2nd, and 3rd grade students will practice typing again on Dance Mat Typing and will earn Eagle Bucks for every level they complete. If 3rd graders finish the program, they will move on to NitroType. 4th graders will practice typing with NitroType. Students may access both of these programs from home at artcitylab.com. 5th graders will finish their short films.
Library this week: The younger grades will see if they are brave enough to keep turning the pages to a book with a monster at the end of it! They have also been learning about Helen Keller and will do a make and take of the braille alphabet. The older grades will play a game to see if they know their way around our library. They will also begin learning about Betsy Ross in preparation for a readers theater all about her life and accomplishments. All the grades will be reminded of the biography section of our library.
April 11: End of year testing begins
April 12: Second Grade - Farm Field Day
April 15: Third grade fieldtrip to the zoo
April 21: Emergency Drill (Earthquake/Fire)
April 25: Family Skate Night at Classic Fun center 5-9 PM
April 25-29: Teacher Appreciation Week
April 27: 5th Grade Track Meet
May 4: 4th Grade Track Meet
May 4th: 5th Grade - Hope of America 7:30 pm at BYU (students to be there at 6:15)
May 9: Emergency Drill
May 11: 3rd Grade Track Meet
May 20: Last day of pre-school and kindergarten
May 25: 5th Grade Celebration 2:00
May 26: Field Day
May 27: Last Day of School Dismissal at noon
8:15-8:40 A.M.: Teacher Preparation Time
8:15 am: Doors unlocked
8:15 Breakfast Begins
8:20 A.M.: Outside Duty Begins
8:40 A.M.: First Bell/End of Breakfast Service/End of Outside Supervision
8:45 A.M.: Tardy Bell/ School Starts
2:15 P.M. Monday Dismissal
3:00 P.M.: Tuesday-Friday Dismissal
11:25-12:00 P.M.: 1st Grade Lunch
11:35-12:10 P.M.: 2nd Grade Lunch
11:40-12:15 P.M.: 3rd Grade Lunch
11:45-12:20 P.M.: 4th Grade Lunch
11:50-12:25 P.M.: 5th Grade Lunch
AM: 8:45-11:20 Daily
PM: 12:15-2:15 Monday, 12:15-3:00 Tuesday-Friday
Transitional Kindergarten Schedule
AM: 8:45 - 11:00
PM: 12:00 - 2:15
Tuesday – Friday
AM: 8:45 - 11:20
PM: 12:20 – 3:00
AM Session: 8:30-11 (Tuesday - Friday)
PM Session: 11:30-2:00 (Tuesday - Friday)
Crossing Guard Duty (Springville City Police)
900 East Center