By: Avery Simank
2. He won a noble prize for fiction and literature.
3. Hemingway along with his sister, brother and father committed suicide.
4. Until Ernest was 4 his mother dressed him up as a girl because she wanted a girl.
5. He has a hamburger recipe in a museum.
6. Hemingway married Hadley Richardson, then divorced her.
7. About a year later he married, Pauline Pfeiffer, then divorced her also.
8. Then a less than three weeks later he married Martha Gellhorn, only to divorce her again.
9. In 1923 Hemingway published his first book, Three Stories and Ten Poems.
10. The year he divorced his first wife, Elizabeth Hadley, he also published a short story called, Men Without Women.
11. The first novel to make Hemingway financialy independant is A Farewell To Arms.
12. He wrote a nonfiction book about bullfighting which was called, Death in the Afternoon.
13. "The Fifth Column" was Hemingway's only full length play.
14. In 1940 Hemingway applies for the Navy.
15. The most poorly reviewed novel was Across the River and Into the Trees.
16. On September 1, 1952 Hemingway's The Old Man and the Sea is published in LIFE magazine.
17. He gets a Pulitzer Prize for The Old Man and the Sea.
18. Suffering from depression, alcoholism, and numerous physical ailments, he committed suicide in Ketchum, Idaho.
19. Hemingways novel Islands in the Stream is published posthumously.
20. When he was in highschool he did boxing, played football, and wrote for the school newspaper.