What is going on in the WCHS library.
2016 Abe Award voting
Monday, Feb. 15th, 8am to Tuesday, March 15th, 12pm
Watseka High School, Watseka, IL, United States
It's that time of year again. February 15-March 15 we will be voting for our favorite Abraham Lincoln Award book for this year. You must read at least 4 of this year's Abe books and fill out the online check list to verify the books that you've read. Make sure that you see Mrs. Craig to cast your vote. For all of those who have read at least 4 of the Abe books and voted with Mrs. Craig, there will be a pizza party in the spring. Make sure to let your voice be heard on your favorite Abe Award book for 2016.
February Reading List - Not Your Parent's Love Story (Paranormal Romance)
- Shadow & Bone; Siege & Storm; Ruin & Rising - Leigh Bardugo
- The Coldest Girl in Coldtown - Holly Black
- Anna Dressed in Blood; Girl of Nightmares - Kendare Blake
- Graceling; Fire; Bitterblue - Kristin Cashore
- House of Night series - P.C. Cast & Kristin Cast
- Mortal Instruments series - Cassandra Clare
- Clockwork Angel; Clockwork Prince; Clockwork Princess - Cassandra Clare
- The Hunger Games; Catching Fire; Mockingjay - Suzanne Collins
- Matches; Crossed; Reached - Allyson Condie
- Beautiful Creatures; Beautiful Darkness; Beautiful Chaos; Beautiful Redemption - Kami Garcia
- Demonglass; Spell Bound - Rachel Hawkins
- The Iron King; The Iron Daughter; The Iron Queen; The Iron Knight - Julie Kagawa
- Wake - Lisa McMann
- Twilight; New Moon; Eclipse; Breaking Dawn - Stephenie Meyer
- The Host - Stephenie Meyer
- Blue Moon - Alyson Noel
- Delirium; Pandemonium; Requiem - Lauren Oliver
- Divergent; Insurgent; Allegiant - Veronica Roth
- Four - Veronica Roth
- The Madman's Daughter; Her Dark Curiosity; A Cold Legacy - Megan Shepherd
- Shiver; Linger; Forever - Maggie Stiefvater
- The Raven Boys; The Dream Thieves; Blue Lily, Lily Blue; The Raven King - Maggie Stiefvater
March Madness at WCHS Library
This year the library will be having our own version of March Madness: Battle of the Books. From now until the end of February, you can submit your favorite author to Mrs. Craig. Starting the beginning of March, Mrs. Craig will release the brackets for The Battle of the Books. You will be able to vote on your favorite author separated into genre brackets. Prizes will be awarded for voting and the most accurate bracket.
Contact Mrs. Craig at the WCHS Library
If you have any questions or would like additional information, please see the below resources and sites.