Then & Now
1000 B.C.E Zhou Dynasty
- Zhou Dynasty ancient China for almost a millennium
- Agriculture in Zhou dynasty was very intensive and directed by government.
- Most powerful simply because of technology created such as; iron casting, perfected bronze casting, geometry and trig, Confucius way of thinking and more.
- Lead to huge advancement of their society culturally & technologically than most civilizations in the world at that time.
1 C.E Rome
~ Roman Empire know due to..
>> One of the longest and most organized empires of history.
>> Around 1 A.D they had started to conquer lands as far south as Egypt
- Had almost full control of Europe; giving the empire huge amount of control
- Led to trade between the rest of the world.
- Helped spread religion such as Christianity
- Also technology from the rest of the world connecting them together. Virtually no one could attack the Roman empire at this time and win.
1000 C.E Islamic Empire
- Led this time period with Golden Age of Islam (occurring same time & expansion to control most of middle east).
- Invented a lot of algebra used today as well as many other useful technologies.
>> in the fields of math, astronomy, & science.
- Qualify as most powerful but factoring in culture and size.
2000 C.E United Sates
>> America lead the world in every category there is to lead..
- With more than twice the size of any other army in the world,
- More economic power, technology, healthcare, democracy.
- If the United States wants something it will get it with no one to stand in the way.