Title I Family Engagement Policy
Brier Creek Elementary 2018-2019
The policy says...
Title I in the Every Student Succeeds Act (ESSA), a federal program, provides additional money to qualifying schools. The Davidson County School System upholds the philosophy of parent involvement with no fault, consensus, and collaboration as its guiding principles. It also encourages and provides training opportunities for the parent or interested adult to be a team player in the education of children.
The Davidson County Board of Education will ensure that all Title I stakeholders are provided the opportunity to sign a compact to help students succeed. The Student-Teacher-Parent Compact identifies contributions each can make to ensure that every student meets State student performance standards.
In accordance with our Mission Statement Goals of:
- sustaining a welcoming school environment
- providing rewarding opportunities to interact with your child
- supporting families in their child’s educational journey
- keeping clear lines of communication open between families and our school
Brier Creek as a Title I School will:
* convene an annual public meeting and Road to Success session
* offer parent and family nights, as well as parent-teacher conferences
* involve parent representatives on the School Improvement Team and District Parental Advisory Council
* communicate through newsletters, websites, progress reports and report cards
* sign and commit to a Student-Teacher-Parent Compact
* welcome parent volunteers in the school
* communicate in a language parents can understand, including parents with disabilities and limited English proficiency