College and Career News
From Mrs. Myrick
Senior parents: We have now entered into scholarship season! The scholarship newsletter is a great resource for you to use. I will add scholarships to this same link as I find ones that would be beneficial for our STEM seniors!
Junior students and parents: College Application Night will be in the last half of January. Date will be solidified before winter break starts! ****Due to scheduling, we have determined the Junior College Night will be held on Thursday, February 3!
As always, reach out with any questions. If I do not see you before, have a wonderful winter break!!
Transcripts and Letters of Recommendation
Mrs. Myrick will send all transcripts to universities. Please put her information on all applications.
Transcripts for Common App: you must sign your FERPA (located on the left hand side of the Common App Portal) before you can invite your recommenders. You will add Kelli Myrick, email@example.com as your Counselor Recommender to add your transcripts.
Transcripts for SendEdu, Coalition, & all other Application Portals: You will add Kelli Myrick, firstname.lastname@example.org as your Counselor to add your transcripts.
Transcripts that need to be mailed or emailed due to lack of portal system: Please complete the Transcript Request Form
Letters of Recommendation
College Acceptance Form
As you are accepted into universities, please complete the form below. I will be adding universities to the acceptance whiteboard outside of my office. Let's see all the universities the the Class of 2022 is accepted at!
We are glad to announce mentorships and internships for STEM high school students. By simply filling out the Career Discovery application, high school students' interests will be matched with subject matter experts in mentorships or internships. APPLICATION LINK
To learn more about Career Discovery, please look at this LINK.
To find the Career Discovery webpage on the STEM website, go to Academics / Student Support Services / Career Discovery.
Finding Industry Partners
One way to help Career Discovery support mentorships and internships is to share the Building Ships webpage with subject matter experts in businesses and industries. Please direct any prospective industry or business mentors to the survey. We are inviting industry, community, and businesses to join us in making sure every student has the kind of "ships" that promote kindness, readiness for future careers, and passion for infinite opportunities to help humanity.
Internship Beyond STEM Career Discovery
Students are encouraged to research internship opportunities outside of STEM. Many of these may qualify for STEM Internship Credit. Our Career Discovery team is available to help students navigate opportunities outside of STEM as well as the policies and paperwork required by DCSD and the state.
What Makes STEM Career Discovery Unique?
- We are able to work with subject matter experts to design mentorships and internships that align with our student's interests.
- Our Building Ships Executive-Level Advisory Board works with us to make sure our efforts prepare students to thrive in their future careers and lives.
- We collaborate with other schools, educational organizations, and state organizations like Colorado Workforce Development to make sure our students are connected with an entire network of support.
Student and Parent Voices
We would like to create HS Student and Parent Advisory Committees to inform our efforts.
- Building Ships HS Student Advisory Committee
- Building Ships HS Parent Advisory Committee
If you are a high school student or parent that would like to be involved in an advisory committee, please complete this interest survey.
For more information about mentorships and internships, please contact Gregg Cannady. email@example.com
- Coding Instructor roles
- 720-638-8760 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Wind Crest by Erickson Senior Living
- Student servers
- 303-617-8240 or Michael.Gerkhardt@erickson.com
Ohana School of Early Learning
- Teacher assistants (3:30-6:00 pm Monday through Friday)
- Apply online at workatcanes.com or text RCJOBS to 97211
Highlands Ranch Community Association
- Lifeguards, Swim Lesson Instructors, Swim Coaches, Pool Party Hosts
- www.HRCAonline.org/jobs to apply