The Bronco Buzz
~April 24, 2015~
UPCOMING EVENTS AT THE FORKS
- Monday, April 27- GA Milestones Testing- Science
- Tuesday, April 28- ILT meeting @ 8am
- Wednesday, April 29- GA Milestones Testing- Social Studies
- Friday, May 1- Goodman Team Meeting
- Friday, May 1- Advisement/ Book Clubs
- Friday, May 1- Volunteer Appreciation Breakfast
- Saturday, May 2- Academic Saturday School
WINS FOR THE WEEK!
- Five Forks Middle school is now officially a Google APPS for Education School! Starting in the 2015-2016 school year, all teachers and students will be trained on how to use this amazing tool to help our students be more successful in eCLASS and the use of Web 2.0 tools! WOOP WOOP!
- Georgia Milestones testing has gone GREAT! Thank you to everyone who has helped to make this week go smoothly as we administer this test for the very first time! Thank you to our awesome testing team for helping to pick up tests and monitor classrooms. We also had several teachers who stepped in to assist in testing when teachers were out. THANK YOU!
- Thank you to our staff and students for the quick action during the severe weather. You kept your students calm and safe during the hour long "duck and cover!"
COUNT ME IN!
INSTRUCTIONAL HIGHLIGHTS OF THE WEEK!
Carla Kuny recorded herself reading the first two chapters of The Phantom Tollbooth on the iPad using iMovie. After inserting all of her images and adding the voice over reading, she uploaded it to YouTube. She then used Zaption to insert some thoughtful discussion prompts throughout the reading. The 6th grade Language Arts teachers would them play this to their classes. When a discussion point comes up, the screen will freeze to show the prompt. The teachers would facilitate the discussion, and then hit the play button to resume the video.
Timetoast (web app) is a great way to bring your timeline creation into the 21st century. Students use a combination of images, text, and links to create an interactive timeline that can be shared with a link or embedded in another web page. Students will love learning about history, sharing book reports, and more with this amazing new timeline resource! Free and paid accounts are available at http://www.timetoast.com
Don't forget to sign up for eCLASS Summer Staff Development!
Registration Available in PDE April 1, 2015 For questions about eCLASS Summer Staff Development please email or call Dona Smith in the eCLASS office at email@example.com or 678-301-7293.
Did you know that Mrs. Brown has started a Blog? Check out what is happening in our very own FFMS Media Center!