April 13th - 17th
"Coaching is unlocking a person's potential to maximize their own performance. It is helping them to learn rather than teaching them." -John Whitmore
I have asked about what the district might be looking for or needing for Converge break out sessions. Below are the strands that have been identified for presentations:
Google Apps For Education
Engaged Learning Model
Learning Management Systems (Canvas, EdModo, Classroom etc)
They have also added a half day that will be devoted to parents. They are hoping to work with parents on the how and why we use technology tools, social networking etc in the classroom.
They have already received a lot of “how to” proposals, and now need some “why” and “when” proposals that illustrate the higher levels of SAMR; the place where modification and redefinition happen. There are some great district tools in place that are being missed by teachers because they are not aware of all that they can do to enhance lessons and lesson delivery (Safari Montage, NBC Learn at the HS, Databases, Discovery, Apple productivity tools, BrainPop etc.).
I am proud of the work you are doing with leveraging available technology to provide engaging lessons and promote mastery of learning. I hope that you would consider presenting at Converge. If you have any questions, Melanie or I would be happy to help you in any way we can.
Make today count!
Volunteers During After School Duty
If you would like to volunteer to help support our positive behavior notes during dismissal, please click on the link below. A jeans pass will be issued for each volunteer slot that you sign up to serve. Please note that if you are already scheduled to that location as a duty, it would not be appropriate to volunteer for a position the same time you have duty.
Questions to Consider
- How do you intentionally promote a growth mindset with your students?
- What level of questions are your students asking you?
- Lisa- Thanks for attending the ARD at Lawson. I appreciate you and your team always being flexible! ~Bonnie
- Jennifer- Thanks for the Sonic drink :) Bonnie
- Melanie- Thanks for being helpful and patient with the Mac transition ~Bonnie
- Shana- Thanks for helping me troubleshoot and get my Mac issues worked out ~Bonnie
- Ashley- Thanks for being amazing and flexible everyday for your students! ~Bonnie
- Jaime- Thanks for keeping the bus running when I had to go to Lawson for observations and an ARD. ~Bonnie
- Carin and Jean- Y’all are absolutely AMAZING! Brase has continued to gain confidence and is not stressed about STAAR- in his words “My teachers have taught me so I have nothing to worry about” As a parent of a student taking STAAR for the first time I appreciate y’all preparing him, but not stressing him about the TEST. ~Bonnie
- Jen D.- I appreciate your open line of communication and doing what is best for all kids in your class or not. ~Bonnie
- Jaime, Krystal, Sharon and Jenny- I appreciate y’all jumping through the many hoops and hurdles that are given. :) Bonnie
- Donna- Thanks for being on the ball and getting our additional support in the system to start Monday. ~Bonnie
- Second grade team-thank you for all your support and well wishes this week. I don't know what I would do without you!- Laura Sap.
- Maria-Thanks for helping my sub with plans. -Laura Sap.
- JL-Thanks for going to the hospital with me and staying until someone got there.-Laura Sap.
- Nurse Vickie-Thank you for taking good care of me-Laura Sap.
- JL- Thanks for holding down the fort while I spent a LOT of time in the STAAR closet last week! SL
- Shiela- You are such an amazing STAAR partner! I appreciate all of your help, positive spirit and attention to detail! SL
- Barbara- Thanks for the Sonic drink on Monday! It was just what I needed! SL
- Stacie- Thanks for all of your help organizing for STAAR! SL
- Donna- Thanks for organizing the food for STAAR! You always pick the yummiest things! SL
- Vicky- Thank you for the extra attention to students during STAAR testing! SL
- Melanie- Thanks AGAIN for all of the technology support this week during TELPAS! SL
- Ashley - Thanks for coming to our rescue on Friday. I really appreciate it. -JL
- Sylvia - Thanks for holding down the fort on a crazy Friday and allowing me to go to Special Olympics. You are an awesome partner! -JL
- Donna - Thank you for Friday. I appreciate you taking care of things. -JL
- Melanie - I really appreciate all of the time and effort you have put into the laptop exchange. It has been a huge task, and we would be totally lost without you! -JL
- Shiela - Thank you for all of the work that you do behind the scenes to help a student. -JL
- McGowen: thank you to everyone who stayed after school Monday and Tuesday to film our surprise STAAR video. I know we were there late but it was so fun to be together and to do something special for our students! ~Grobe
- Jess Bravo: Thank you for helping me put together ideas and for helping me organize our video!! I just loved working with you! Your positive attitude is so infectious! ~Grobe
- Jen D. Bravo, Chitwood: Thank you for lending your singing voices to me and for singing with me on our STAAR video track! -Grobe
- Little and Lloyd: Thank you for allowing me interrupt your day to film a special part for our video!
- Kinder, 1st, and 2nd: Thank you for filming a small section for our video on your own time! Your kids are too adorable and I truly appreciate your time and participation! ~Grobe
- P.E. Peeps: Thank you for teaching our 3rd, 4th, and 5th graders a short dance and for filming them for the video! You guys ROCK!!! ~Grobe
- Trisha: thank you for the yummy donut on Friday!! That sweet treat helped to start my day off right! ~Grobe
- Brooke: thank you for keeping my kiddos while the ARD ran over on time! I know I can always count on you to have my back! Love ya! ~Grobe
- Kristi and Trisha: THANK you both for being so willing to welcome my kids into your class for my morning ARD in May. You both never batted an eye when I asked and you both are always so willing to help without hesitation! I feel blessed to work with you both! ~Grobe
- Samantha and Trisha: Thank you both for loving my girl and for being so wonderful with her! LOVE YOU! ~Grobe
- Aly: Thank you for bringing all your blazers for our video shoots! You're always "All In" and always a wonderful team member!! ~Grobe
Focus for 2014 - 2015
- Providing all students with at least one year’s growth
- Closing the achievement gaps in our subgroups
- Utilize data to drive instruction
- Collaborative team planning and lesson design to promote higher level thinking and student engagement
- Posting learning and language targets daily in student friendly terms
Remind for Staff
Bad Dude of the Week
McKinney ISD's Vision, Mission and Beliefs
Any time we have an idea, concern, solution and/or comment, this is the filter through which we should speak. Let's help each other live up to our vision, mission, and beliefs.
We are a cohesive, diverse community providing engaging learning experiences for all.
We will provide engaging learning experiences so students can become effective communicators, quality contributors and socially responsible citizens.
- Partnerships between students, parents, community members and staff are foundational to educational success.
- Positive school culture and a safe environment foster growth.
- Everyone has inherent value and deserves to be treated with dignity and respect.
- Learning is an active process requiring engaging tasks and engaging minds.
- Relevant and authentic experiences ignite continuous, deeper learning.
- Meaningful relationships enrich learning.
- Confidence fuels risk taking and higher achievement.
- Financial stewardship ensures a tomorrow for education.