SES WEEKLY FORECAST
August 31-September 4, 2015
5 DAY FORECAST
- Mon. 31 Faculty Meeting
- Tues. 1 Book Creator Session in library 3:30-4:30 (led by our Spearman Teachers :)
- Tues. 1 Principals' Meeting @ D.O.
- Wed. 2 Grade Level Meeting (during planning period)
- Wed. 2 Website Training for all new teachers and anyone else who wants to attend @ TSS 3:15-4:00
- Thurs. 3 "House / Behavior Committee Meeting 3:15 in library
- Thurs. 3 LAUNCH Parent Night Meetings (3rd-5th)
- Fri. Sept. 4 TEAM 3 FRIDAY DUTY
Students Pictures and Directory Information Forms
Until we get clarification on each signed form, please do not put pictures of those particular students on your website, twitter, instagram , etc...
*FYI - We do not ever release student information to anyone, business, military, etc. The only way this form pertains to us is with the use of student pictures and placing them in social media and in our yearbook.
- Sept. 7 Labor Day - No School
- Sept. 8-14 Book Fair
- Sept. 8 Breakfast with Grands (K-2nd) 7:00-8:00 am
- Sept. 8 International Reading Day
- Sept. 9 GoalPOST Begins
- Sept. 10 Breakfast with Grands (3rd-5th) 7:00-8:00 am
- Sept. 14 Breakfast in Classroom Begins
- Sept.14 Good News Club Begins
- Sept. 15 Grade Level Meetings during planning
- Sept. 16 Girl Scout Rep. here at Spearman
- Sept. 17 Girl Scout Parent Night 6:30 in cafeteria
BREAKFAST IN THE CLASSROOM
- Due to Breakfast with Grands and also wanting to have plenty of time to prepare, I have gotten permission to delay Breakfast in the Classroom for an additional week. We will begin Breakfast in the Classroom on Sept. 14.
- All of the Title I schools will be doing breakfast in the classroom differently this year. So we will all be gathering more information and details on how this will be taking place. I assure you that I will do everything possible to make this as easy on you as possible. I want this process to be simple, not time consuming and take very little class time.
- I will also have a letter to send home to parents communicating information about Breakfast in the Classroom.
RECESS EXPECTATIONS and REMINDERS
- Monitor and supervise all students closely
- Sitting on the gazebo is fine, but please periodically and randomly walk around the playground during recess.
- Discuss and enforce appropriate playground behavior with your students.
- Keep all of the students in view.
Common problem behavior and trouble spots:
- Do not let the students go past the swings toward the bus offices
- Do not allow students to go past the walking track near the pine trees near the fence by the road.
- Watch the boys playing too rough. They are not allowed to play tackle football.
- Make sure the students are using the playground equipment appropriately. Injuries will happen, but just make sure it is not due to inappropriate behavior.