The Parrot Post
Rush School Weekly Update for March 13, 2023
🦜Welcome to the Rush School Parrot Post🦜
Week of March 13, 2023
- Monday, Mar 13: Special Visit from US Gold Medalist Carli Lloyd for Women's History Month (Wear your soccer jerseys or red, white, and blue!)
- Tuesday, Mar 14: “Which Is It?” Environmental Program Assemblies
- Tuesday, Mar 14: CEHASA Meeting @ New Albany School library 6PM
- Tuesday, Mar 14: Future Chef Finalist Competition @ 3:30PM @ CMS
- Tuesday, Mar 14: Board of Education Meeting @ CMS Cafetorium 7PM
- Wednesday, Mar 15: ERS After-school Club Pictures for Yearbook
IMPORTANT UPCOMING EVENTS
- Tuesday, Mar 21: 2nd Trimester Report Cards released on Genesis Parent Portal
- Tuesday, Mar 21: Single Session Day - Afternoon Report Card conferences (by request only)
- Tuesday, Mar 21: World Down Syndrome Day - Rock Your Socks! (see below)
- Wednesday, Mar 22: Single Session Day - Evening Report Card conferences (by request only)
- Thursday, Mar 23: Single Session Day - Afternoon Report Card conferences (by request only)
- Wednesday, Mar 29: 5th Grade Advanced Math Program Parent Information Meeting (for current 4th graders)
- Thursday, Mar 30: Rush School Unity Day & Assemblies
- Friday, Mar 31: 5th Grade Battle of the Books Competition
KIDS' HEART CHALLENGE
DEADLINE MOVED to Tuesday, March 14!
Has your child signed up for the KHC this year? It's not too late!
We are looking to have 300 students sign up so that we can meet our Principal's Challenge and win an extra $500 in recess/PE equipment! We are about halfway there... Check out our school stats using the link below.
Congrats to our top fundraisers so far!
The Cinnaminson Middle School Drama Program PRESENTS...
YEARBOOK SALES BEGINNING NOW THROUGH APRIL 24th!
5th Grade students will each receive a FREE yearbook, courtesy of the Cinnaminson Elementary Home and School Association!
Yearbooks may be ordered online or by paper form, which can be found in the ERS Main Office.
Use this link to view the flyer and for directions to order.
ROCK YOUR SOCKS on 3/21!
Tuesday, March 21st is World Down Syndrome Awareness Day, also known as Lots of Socks Day. All Cinnaminson students and staff are invited to wear crazy socks, brightly colored socks, long socks, short socks, printed socks, mismatched socks to celebrate being unique! More information can be found in the link: https://www.worlddownsyndromeday.org/
Our very own CHS Senior, Jack Shallow, is selling his line of T-Shirts and other swag. Here is the link: https://www.jackedupshirts.com/?utm_campaign=f2d51692-32a0-4ade-be66-39af0dbff50a&utm_source=so&utm_medium=mail&cid=d230fd36-25b8-4767-8d88-e533cac369d1
6-Day Cycle Calendar
🍎 Lunch Information 🍏
INFORMATION FROM PAST NEWSLETTERS
Prevention Plus of Burlington County is hosting the first annual Lace Up Against Stigma 5K Run and 1 Mile Walk to promote the commitment to being stigma-free against mental health disorders, substance use disorder, and more! Proceeds of this fundraiser will benefit Burlington County community members and residents by helping fund prevention education programs that are delivered throughout the county.
Students and staff in Burlington County schools can use a discount code for 10% off of their registration. For staff, please use code BCSTAFF10. For students, please use code BCSTUDENT10. Early registration has been extended to February 28th. This includes a cheaper registration price and a free t-shirt.
On the website https://runsignup.com/Race/NJ/EastamptonTownship/StridesAgainstStigma, you will find the tab for volunteers. Students and staff are welcome to sign up as a volunteer if they do not wish to participate in the run or walk but still want to be involved. Volunteers will receive a free t-shirt as well.
Morning Drop-Off REMINDERS
For the safety of our students...
- If you are in the car line, do not allow your child to exit the car until there is a staff member on duty in the parking lot. Staff report on duty at 8:25AM.
- If you do not want to wait in the car line, you may drop your child off at the corner of Wynwood & Buttonwood Drives, with the crossing guard on duty. Students will then walk down the sidewalk to the front entrance.
- Children should not be dropped off before 8:20AM.
- Due to limited parking for our staff, please do not park in the lot if you are waiting to drop off your child.
- Lastly, unless directed by a staff member, never pull around another car dropping off a child.
We thank you for following our procedures as they truly are to keep our students safe as they arrive to school each morning.
Technology can be a wonderful resource for learning and entertainment, but it also can serve as a distraction and vehicle for negative behavior. We ask that you remain partners with us to educate our children in responsible, safe uses for these valuable devices.
Please remind your students that all personal technology (cell phones, smart watches, etc.) must remain in their backpacks, or at home, during the school day. Students are not permitted to use their devices when in school.
We understand that there are times when you must get a message to your child. Please call the main office to relay the information. Texting or calling your child's phone or smartwatch is disruptive and distracting to the classroom environment.
Students who choose to disregard the expectations and use their personal technology during the day will have said devices removed from their possession until the end of the day. If the student repeatedly is found to use their personal device, it will be confiscated and held securely until a parent can pick it up at school.
Additionally, we ask that you remind your students to keep their phones away on the busses. There are times when a student is choosing to watch something inappropriate/offensive on the bus and is sharing the video with other students, some willingly and others unwillingly who may be sitting nearby. There are also situations in which students are recording other students without permission. These will be treated accordingly as conduct infractions.
Thank you for continuing to be a supportive partner in your child's education!
MENTAL HEALTH & SUBSTANCE ABUSE RESOURCE
If you or a family member are looking for help with mental health or substance use, Care Solace can help you quickly find treatment options matched to your needs regardless of the circumstance. Care Solace is a complimentary and confidential service provided to students, staff, and their families by Cinnaminson Township School District.
Care Solace's team is available 24/7/365 and can support you in any language.
If you would like to use Care Solace to help you find a provider:
- Call 888-515-0595 (available 24/7/365)
- Search on your own OR click 'Book Appointment' for assistance by video chat, email or phone via https://caresolace.com/cinnaminson
Disclaimer: Information on individual treatment providers was gathered by Care Solace based on criteria such as geographic proximity, whether the provider accepts the authorized user's insurance and whether the provider is accepting new patients. The school district does not recommend, endorse, promote or refer to any of the individual treatment providers.