Emerging with S.T.E.M Careers
Emerging STEM Careers with chemicals
Work conditions/Work environments
- Chemical Engineers mostly work in offices or laboratories and mostly spend time at many places like:refineries,industrial plants,and other locations where they monitor or direct operations and solve problems while working.
- Chemical engineers must be able to work with many professionals who design other systems and with technicians and mechanics who put designs to practice.
- Chemical engineers work full time jobs every day.
Training and other qualifications
- To become a chemical engineer you have to finish school and get many degrees especially a bachelor degree in chemical engineering.It usually takes 4 years to complete the programs including laboratories, classrooms,and field studies.
- Also you have to have and know many qualities and skills .
Emerging S.T.E.M Careers with chemicals
- Employment -$33,000
- Employment rise-2.5%
- Mean hourly wage-$50.16
- Mean annual wage-$104,340
- Wage rise-1.2%
Earnings For Chemical engineers in 2012
- Median annual wages 94,350
Median wage is the wage at which half the workers in the occupation earn more than that amount and half earn less.
The lowest 10% earned less than $58,830 and the top 10% earned more than $154,840.
- nuclear engineer
- biomedical engineer