The Week Ahead
January 23rd - January 27th, 2023
Monday, January 23rd, 2023 (Day 5)
Tuesday, January 24th, 2023 (Day 1)
- Parent Council Meeting - 6:00 pm
Wednesday, January 25th, 2023 (Day 2)
Thursday, January 26th, 2023 (Day 3)
- Spirit Wear Thursday
- Hot Lunch (Mary Brown's)
Friday, January 27th, 2023 (Day 4)
- "Read My Shirt" Day
- Parent Council Book Exchange
- Holocaust Remembrance Day
Upcoming Important Dates:
February - Black History Month
February 3rd - PA Day
February 17th - Term 1 Report Cards
February 20th - Family Day
March 13th-17th - March Break
BUY SPIRIT WEAR ANYTIME - SCHOOL GETS 10% OF ALL PROCEEDS!
Message From the Principal
Happy Lunar New Year to those of you celebrating!
Students have been enjoying our Literacy Month events so far - thank you to Mrs. Lloyd for organizing!
I would like to remind everyone to please drive cautiously when dropping off or picking up children, particularly on bus cancellation days when traffic congestion increases. See below for some information from the City on how to help ensure everyone is safe at arrival and dismissal time. We greatly appreciate your consideration.
Parent Council's cheesecake fundraiser is now live on School-Day, so get those orders in to support things like the purchase of technology and other items to enhance engaging learning opportunies for our students.
Thanks, and have a wonderful week,
Queen's Athletics Camps - Bursary Information
We have opened our bursary applications for the 2023 Camp season.
Our bursary applications will be open until February 1st 2023. We are asking families to fill out this Q-Camps Bursary Application Form to submit the request.
All bursary decisions will be made after February 1st 2023 and before our Registration opening day of February 8th 2023.
Pick-Up & Drop-Off Map
SAFE ARRIVAL ATTENDANCE SYSTEM
How to report a student absence using SafeArrival
There are three ways you can report your student’s absence in advance:
1. Using your mobile device, download and install the SchoolMessenger blue app from the Apple App Store or the Google Play Store or from School Messenger website or you can select it from within the LDSB mobile app. The first time you use the app, select Sign Up to create your account. Make sure you use the same email address your child’s school has on file. If you do not use that same email address, you will not be able to create an account. You may have already created an account when we introduced the Communicate broadcast system. Select Attendance, then Report an Absence.
2. Use the School Messenger website. The first time you use the website, select Sign Up to create your account. Please ensure you use the same email address your student’s school has on file. If you do not use that same email address, you will not be able to create an account. You may have already created an account when we introduced the Communicate broadcast system. Select Attendance then Report an Absence.
3. Call 1-855-257-9349 toll-free to report an absence using the automated phone system.
***Please do not call the school directly to report your student's absence***
This year WJ Holsgrove Public School will continue using FlipGive, a free team funding app.
We earn cash back on every purchase we make all year long! All you have to do is shop anytime with the brands you already love, like Home Depot, Walmart, Sport Chek, Indigo, Old Navy, Apple, Esso, and Loblaws. No more going door-to-door selling chocolate bars - it’s completely virtual and contactless. On flipgive, you can also order gift cards!
Join our team now and you’ll get a $5 bonus the first time you shop: https://flipgive.app.link/teams/join?joincode=CG467Y
Or enter this code: CG467Y
Any questions, just ask!
Want to learn more? Check out this 2 minute video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5vTO_Qg4n80