Summer Educational Opportunities
Reading Skills and Speed Reading Programs
For Children and Adults
Offered This Summer in Scranton
Located at the University of Scranton, Temple University offers reading skills and speed reading programs for children and adults. The program is offered to students as young as 4 years old to adults! All programs meet once each week.
For more information or to register
Monday-Friday 8 am- 10 pm, Saturday 8 am- 7 pm, and Sunday 10 am- 6pm.
Program for Entering 6th-8th Graders and 9th-11th Graders
In these effective and enjoyable programs, your son or daughter will make substantial gains in comprehension and learn to read twice as fast. Students learn the best way to take notes, study for tests, and read fiction, non-fiction, and textbooks. Your student will complete homework more quickly and easily, get better grades, and enjoy reading more.
Program for Adults, Entering 12th Graders, and College Students
Transform your reading skills with the speed reading program! You will learn to read twice as fast in difficult material, such as textbooks and other challenging non-fiction, and triple your speed in easier reading. The comprehension, concentration, and retention techniques you learn will enable you to save time and get more out of everything you read.
Choose the grade your student will enter in Fall 2018.
Scranton: On Campus at University of Scranton
- 4 Years Old & K: Sat., June 23- July 21, 8:30 am-9:30 am
- 1st Grade: Sun,. June 24- July 22, 9 am- 10:45 am
- 2nd Grade: Sun., June 24- July 22, 11:15 am- 1pm
- 3rd Grade: Sun., June 24-July 22, 1:45 pm-3:30 pm
- 4th Grade: Sat., June 23-July 21, 12:45-2:45
- 5th Grade: Sat., June 23-July 21, 3:15 pm-5:15 pm
- 6th-8th Grades: Sat., June 23-July 21, 10 am- 12 pm
- 9th-11th Grades: Sun., June 24-July 22, 4 pm-6 pm
- 12th grade & Adults: Several schedules available, please call!