Mrs. Mathews' Minutes
Everton Bearcats! Dec.11, 2015
Sixth grade brings a lot of responsibility. Here are just a few areas to keep in mind:
- Keeping up on class work ( We have a lot to cover each day and move quickly)
- Checking in for attendance and lunch each morning
- Turning in daily work and completing morning work
- Using appropriate voices( There is a time to be social and a time to work)
- Participation (the more you participate, the better you will understand the skill )
- Responsibility (agenda, HW, turning in papers, following procedures)
- Reading: We will be reviewing cause and effect
- Grammar: We will learn our prepositions to the tune of Jingle Bells!
- Math: We will finish Chapter 5 and test on Thursday
- Science We will continue covering Chapter 4...more on matter and energy
- Vocabulary: We will not have any spelling words this week
Dec. 14th and 15th- Santa's Workshop- We will go on the 14th at 8:45 am
Dec 18th- The Middle School Choir will stop by to share some Christmas Carols at 12:55
Dec. 18th- End of 2nd Grading period.
Dec. 21-Jan. 1- Christmas Break!
6th Grade Students Getting Reading for The Christmas Program!
Please check out these 2 new website below for practicing Math and Reading Skills!
This site contains current event stories with a 4 question quiz at the end. Great way for allowing students to read topics they like and test their Comprehension! All students have a username and password to log on!
Many students are still struggling with converting fractions, decimals and percents. If you have time above is a free website that you and your child can review!
- Daily Agendas
- Please check and sign daily agendas. I check them daily and students receive extra Dojo coins if they are signed!
- Thanks to everyone that signed up for Remind! It's an easy way for me to get a quick text message to everyone at once. Please consider signing up this weekend if you have not already done so! Thanks!
- Information was sent home the first week of school on how to sign up for Dojo. I also sent email invites to those that have not signed up yet. Please consider joining so you can see how your child is doing behavior wise. Students also earn coins to use for our mini economy. I can also send out emails to all of you at one time.
- I check my email many times throughout the day and evening. I will get back back with you as soon as I can. Sometimes, I need to gather and verify information, so please be understanding. I promise to communicate back as quickly as I can.
Please follow the directions so I can send you important information in a class text message! Your number will not be seen my phone either, so your information is still confidential.