Ms. Crisp's Weekly Newsletter
May 16th - 20th
What's Happening This Week?
Happy Monday, all! Thank you so much for a wonderful Appreciation Week last week!! Just a few things to keep in mind this week:
EOGs are NEXT WEEK on Wednesday and Thursday (the 25th and 26th). It's so so SO important that your child is present and on time those days! We have an EOG readiness assembly today, Monday the 16th, to help us get in the EOG mindset. I would also like to stress the importance of a good night's sleep and a healthy breakfast on those days! It can make a world of difference!
Side note, our classroom really needs tissues for the first time in pretty much the entire year, so any donations would be very much appreciated!
What Are We Learning This Week?
- Daily 5: Summarizing, scanning a text, and, as always, building up stamina to be better readers and writers.
- Reading Groups: Deciphering and summarizing non-fiction texts.
- Science: States of matter!
- Math: Three-digit subtraction and multiple-step problems.
Help! We're really beginning to run low on:
- Pencil erasers
- Lined notebook paper
We can always use more snack! Some great snack options are:
Cheez-its or Cheese Nips
Animal crackers (not frosted)
Fruits and veggies (dried or otherwise)
Individually packaged snacks, like granola bars or portion bags of popcorn
- Any kind of healthy snack that I can give out to the whole class!
Thank you for your generosity!