Mrs. Sacket-Mowers, 6th Grade
* Speaking of DARE-we would like to give a group gift to Officer Aragon at the DARE graduation in December. If you/your child would like to contribute, we're asking for $1 or $2 per child (or any amount). We'll combine all the donations and get him a gift card from his Alderwood DARE students. I will mention this to the class next week, but really didn't want to forget to tell you! As always, this is optional.
Questions to Ask:
*Explain the 4 quadrants on a coordinate plane. (Could ask child to draw the x- and y-axes and label the quadrants. Quadrant 1 is the upper right quadrant, and it goes around counter-clockwise.)
* What is a reflection on a coordinate plane? If a point is located at (-4, 8), what would be its reflection across the x-axis? What about across the y-axis instead? What if it were reflected across BOTH the x- and y-axes? [Answers in order are: (-4, -8), (4, 8), (4, -8).]
* Tell me something you learned about a thesis statement.
* Why is Veteran's Day celebrated on Nov. 11th, instead of just making it on a Monday?
* What are you currently learning about in History?
* What are you currently learning about in Science?