Starting Our Second Trimester
We have officially begun our second trimester! I am so proud of our students for tackling a new challenge this year with our trimester schedule. It's already difficult enough to be a middle school kid, but when you add in an unfamiliar schedule, it can be a real curve ball for some students. Keeping that in mind, we have altered a few things about our schedule that we think will have an immediate positive impact on our students going forward. Here is a breakdown of the changes:
- Tribe has been moved to 3rd period. This move allows us to add an additional 5 minutes to this important time for our students. Mondays will still consist of activities focusing on our "Every Monday Matters" program. Tuesday-Thursday will be structured intervention time for students who may need extra help in classes. Fridays will be club meetings. Although, we will not be having club meetings this Friday.
- Lunch has been split into 3 shifts (A,B, & C). Early returns from today's lunch shifts were very encouraging. By adding a 3rd lunch, we have been able to reduce the number of students per shift by about 100. As a result, students had more time and space to eat and socialize with friends in their particular shift. You can see the full schedule below.
2nd Trimester Bell Schedule
Upcoming Important Dates
- 11/16: 7th Grade Fall Fling (3-4:30 PM, RB cafeteria/classrooms) *Students must turn in a permission slip to attend. Please plan on picking up your student promptly at 4:30.
- 11/17: Parent Action Committee (PAC) 5 PM, RB Library
- 11/22-11/26: No School (Thanksgiving Break)
- 12/3 & 12/4: Riverbend Craft Fair (Please contact Shelley Miles (firstname.lastname@example.org) with questions.
- 12/10: 8th Grade Winter Formal (6:30-6:30 PM, RB Gym)
- 12/17: Holiday Movie Night
* More information will come regarding the 8th grade formal and Holiday movie night.
These students gave an outstanding performance at last week's Honor Choir concert under the direction of Mrs. Molly Moore.
Veteran's Day Parade
Specials thanks to all of our veterans that came out for our Veteran's Day parade. We had an amazing turnout. You can see video of the parade by clicking this link: https://www.facebook.com/RMSIndians/