Daniel Wright Junior High School E-Notice - Aug 18, 2021
Back to School Reminders
On Thursday, Aug. 19, please send your child to school with extra child-sized masks and a filled water bottle. We encourage your child to take the school bus as traffic can be heavy during pick up and drop off times and can back up onto surrounding roads. If you drive your child to/from school, please observe the following procedures.
Drop Off & Pick Up Procedures
Student Drop Off and Pick Up: Traffic flow for drop off and pickup can be hectic, and this year it is different from previous years. Please review the diagrams to understand the flow of vehicles and buses. Please note MORNING DROP OFF does not go around the whole building.
Student Drop Off and Pick Up: Students will not be allowed in the building before 8:00 a.m. Students should not be dropped off prior to 8:00 a.m. Students arriving after 8 a.m. and before school starts, will stay in the cafeteria with a supervising teacher.
- AM Parent Drop Off: Drop students at Door A (main entrance) only. Drive in the northernmost entrance, drop students at the main entrance and proceed out the southern exit.
- AM Bus Drop Off: Buses will stop at each door, students should exit at their assigned doorway.
- PM Parent Pick Up: Students will be picked up at their assigned Grade doorway. Cars enter the northernmost entrance of campus, turn right (counter clockwise) and proceed around the building. Students will be picked up near the exit closest to their last class. There are two lanes. Proceed to your students door on the outside lane and stop on the inside lane ONLY to pick up your student.
- PM Bus Pick Up: Buses will be lined up at the front of the building to pick up students.
- Bike Riders: Racks are located at the front of the building. Students should enter Door A.
Staff will be available at each entrance way to meet all students and provide them with direction if needed.
Transportation: Bus routes have been posted in Unified Classroom.
DW Front Office Accessibility: Daniel Wright’s office will be open from 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. daily. If a parent needs to speak with the office, they can be reached at 847-295-1560. Parents can drop off and pick up materials in our new front vestibule. If you are leaving materials for your children, please make sure to label the students name, grade, and teacher.
Late Arrival or Early Dismissal of Students: Although parents are always welcome to come into the DW vestibule to sign students in or out of school, we are providing a “no contact” procedure. Parents may use this link to access a google form or parents can use their smartphone to scan the QR attendance code that will be posted on the front doors of the building.
Bus Transportation for After School Activities: The after school bus (PASS) is available to all students. It leaves Daniel Wright at 5 p.m. and operates Monday through Thursday. Students should access the bus from the eighth-grade hallway. Students should take the bus closest to their street.