5th Grade News
For the Week of February 8-12
Reading and Language Arts
- Reading - making inferences about drama, making connections between drama and fiction, using text evidence to support conclusions, inferences, and connections.
- Writing - Persuasive writing: brainstorm a topic and write a thesis for a persuasive essay about how to make a difference in the world.
- Earth, Sun, and Moon
- Rotation and Revolution
Algebraic Reasoning: graphing equations and patterns in a coordinate grid, recognizing types of patterns in a table, using equations and graphs to solve problems
Geometry: Classifying polygons and special quadrilaterals
***Algebraic Reasoning Test on Wednesday, February 10.*** We will review concepts and skills in class on Tuesday.
- Continued discussion about the events that led to the Civil War
- Introduction to and vocabulary associated with the Civil War
- ***Test on Causes of the Civil War (open note and open book) on Wednesday, February 10***
Homework - Due Friday, February 5
Math: Homework #4
Reading: No homework (Project Plan due Tuesday, February 9)
Science: Weather and Climate
Information and News
Blue Course Selection Forms were due Friday, February 5. If you have not turned yours in, please do so ASAP! Please remember that if course selection sheets are not turned in, courses will be selected for you.
Project Fair Step 2 - Due February 9 (Tuesday)
Field Trip to Bayou Bend - February 23 or 25 (permission slips sent home two weeks ago)
5th Grade Project Fair - February 24 - times for specific classes will be provided as the date approaches.
2016 TWE Worldfest! (International Night)
The purpose for the evening is an engaging and community-wide
learning experience regarding the many cultures and countries represented at TWE.
Come take a journey with us!
Thursday, April 14, from 5:30 - 7:00 p.m.
If you are interested in hosting or assisting a booth, please see the link below.
If you have any questions, please contact Susan Boiarsky 281.234.1586 or email@example.com
The picture below is from Worldfest 2014!
5th Grade Project Fair Information and Updates
5th grade project fair information was sent home on Tuesday, January 12. The packet included all the information needed and all papers that are to be turned in. This is a great opportunity for you and your child to work together on a fun, creative project!
The next portion of your project is due on February 9. Please read the packet of information carefully so that you know exactly what needs to be turned in.