Colin Powell Parent Newsletter
Let's show our teachers how much we appreciate them!
8th Grade Promotion is June 13th @ 9:30 am. 5th Grade Promotion is June 13th @ 12:30 pm.
- 1st Grade Field Trip (Santa Ana Zoo)
- 4th Grade Field Trip (Long Beach City College)
- Fundraiser Items Delivered
- Teacher Appreciation Week
- Fundraiser Game Truck @ 1:00
- 4th Grade Field Trip (Knott's Berry Farm)
- 5th Grade Parent Meeting @ 6:00
- DJ Party for Fundraiser @ 1:00
- Spring Concert @ 6:00 pm
- 4th Grade Field Trip (Sarabia/Fuentes) Rancho Los Cerritos
- SSC @ 3:30 in the Parent Center
- Cheer @ Teen Conference
- School Employees Week (office staff, custodians, cafeteria, rec. staff)
- Scholastic Book Fair
- Open House (5:00-6:30) MINIMUM DAY 2:00 DISMISSAL Grades 1-8
- 4th Grade Field Trip (Lloyd/Leitner) Rancho Los Cerritos
- Memorial Day Holiday - NO SCHOOL
- PTO Meeting @ 4:00 in the Parent Center
- 5th Grade Field Trip (LB Museum of Art)
- PLEASE drop off & pick up students in the designated areas. DO NOT have students crossing the street by jay-walking. It is VERY DANGEROUS for students to get dropped off or picked up in the middle of the street.
- STUDENTS NEED TO BE PICKED UP AFTER SCHOOL. If they are not in WRAP, or a school sponsored activity, they must be picked up at the end of the school day. They can not be on campus outside of school hours unattended.
- DRIVE SLOW through the drop off/pick up zone, children are walking.
- DO NOT park in handicap parking spots or double park.
- Drive to the end of the drop off/pick up zone, DO NOT stop at the mouth of the driveway.
- No early student pick up after 2:45.
- You need identification when visiting campus.
- We have a CLOSED CAMPUS during lunch from 12:00-1:00.
- Make sure that parent/guardian & emergency contact information is current.
- NO SNACKS (cupcakes, cake, cookies, etc..) at school/in classrooms for birthdays.
- Attendance is VERY important for our students. Please make every effort to have your students at school on time everyday.
- If your student is absent, please make sure that you send them to school with with a note or call the school to notify the attendance clerk.
- Reasons for absence: EXCUSED vs. UNEXCUSED
*Unexcused absence = Family emergency, car issues, running late
Memorial Day - NO SCHOOL Monday, May 27th
Powell Science Fair 2019
PTO Meeting May 30th @ 4:00 in the Parent Center (Get a FREE DRESS WRIST BAND)
Please refer to the chart if you have a concern that you would like addressed.
ParentVue is a resource where you can view student information (attendance, test scores, etc.) & update student information (address, phone number, etc.).
School Messenger is a GREAT communication tool for the school, parents and teachers. DOWNLOAD THE APP.
School Loop is a GREAT communication tool for middle school students & parents; and you're able to view student assignments & grades. MAKE SURE YOU REGISTER.