NOTRE DAME CATHOLIC PRIMARY SCHOOL
Term 2 Week 9: 25 June 2020
Dear Parents and Staff
We were all so excited yesterday to be able to celebrate the Sacrament of Penance for the children in our Year 3M class. It has been a few months since we were last able to access the church and such a very special occasion was a fitting way for us to return. The celebration was quite lengthy and we were all very proud of the respectful manner that the children maintained throughout. Congratulations to all of the readers, actors for the Gospel and the staff who ensured that this First Reconciliation was such a beautiful occasion. We now look forward to our Year 3P class and some children from the upper year levels receiving the Sacrament next Wednesday, 1 July. It was lovely to see so many family members at yesterday’s celebration and I hope many will be able to attend next week as well.
THE WEEK AHEAD
- Semester Reports will be available online from 4.00pm this Friday. Please contact the school office if you are unsure about how to access these.
- Whilst many parents have already booked a meeting time with their child’s teacher there are still quite a few who haven’t. These meetings are very important as they provide an opportunity for parents to discuss their child’s progress in far greater detail than is possible in the written Report. The meetings are scheduled for Friday 3 July from 7.30am until 12.50pm. Please access the PTO link on the school website to book a meeting time. To facilitate parents who are not able to attend a meeting on 3 July teachers may be available to meet prior to or after school during next week. Please contact your child’s teacher directly via email if this is the case.
- Our last day for the children this Term is Thursday 2 July. To celebrate, children and staff may wear neat casual clothes. Those who are able are asked to make a gold coin donation for the privilege of wearing “free dress” which will be passed on to the local Society of St Vincent de Paul to support their work within our community.
- Edu-Dance will commence next Term on Mondays and Fridays for all children from Pre-Primary to Year Six.
- Art lessons facilitated by Mrs Annette Flexman will be held during 3rd Term with each class from 4 Y.O. Kindergarten to Year Six.
- Class Performance Assemblies will be held throughout 3rd Term and early in 4th Term for Pre-Primary to Year Six. At this stage we are unsure of our capacity to have other classes and parents' attendance due to physical distancing regulations and the size of our Hall, however, the performances will be streamed to classes and recorded so that they may be shared with families. I request that, to maintain privacy, these are not shared on any public or social media forums.
- School re-commences on Monday 20 July. The school gates will continue to be opened at 8.00am and will be supervised by staff. Kindergarten classes will commence at 8.45am and other classes will open their doors for the children at 8.30am. In the afternoons we will return to our pre-Covid-19 routine of the Kindergarten children concluding at 2.45pm and all other children being dismissed at 3.00pm. We will continue to utilize the two lanes of traffic at the drive through pick up and encourage parents to use this so as to alleviate some of the congestion around the school. With most children finishing at 3.00pm we expect that there may be some delays with picking up your children but we ask for your patience as we work to devise the most effective and efficient system.
NOTRE DAME PARISH
SUNDAY MASS LIVESTREAMING INFORMATION
A livestreamed Mass for Sundays will be celebrated by Archbishop Costelloe SDB at 11.00am.
The links are as follows and will be accessible from approx 11.00am:
Archdiocese Website – www.perthcatholic.org.au
Archdiocese Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/perthcatholic/
The Record YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMFFqA8iYLlIVIb72LXMYFQ/live
Our Parish Celebration of the Eucharist (Mass) as follows:
Saturday at 6.00pm, Sunday 8.00am, 10.00am & 6.00pm
As recommended by the WA Government and Health Department of WA only 100 attendees will be seated in the church with physical distancing (1.5m) from other patrons. Good hygiene and 2 sq. metres of floor space per person rule will apply.
Mass will be livestreamed in the Parish Centre with seating of 50 people with physical distancing applying. Health Department guidelines will be followed on entering the church & Parish Centre.
Adoration every Friday from 9.00am to 5.00pm.
Reconciliation only by appointment. Please call Fr Quynh on 9277 4094.
Fr Michael Quynh - Parish Priest
Notre Dame Catholic Church
345 Wright Street, CLOVERDALE WA 6105
Tel: (08) 9277 4094
NOTRE DAME PRIMARY SCHOOL FACEBOOK
APPLICATION FOR ENROLMENT
4 YEAR OLD KINDERGARTEN 2021
Was your child born between 1 July 2016 to 30 June 2017?
If your child was born between these dates, they are eligible for our 4 Year Old Kindergarten program in 2021. Registrations for 2021 are now open. Contact our office on 6272 7100 for further details.
3 YEAR OLD KINDERGARTEN 2021
If your child was born between 1 July 2017 to 30 June 2018 , they are eligible for our 3 Year Old Kindergarten program in 2021. Registrations for 2021 are now open. Contact our office on 6272 7100 for further details.
PRE PRIMARY CLASS NEWS
We have had a busy and exciting Term 2; from learning our letters to beginning to add numbers together and even having to learn some of these new things from home.
In Literacy this term, we have started to learn lots of new and exciting things. We have been using the letter sounds that we know to begin writing consonant vowel consonant (CVC) words and sentences. We were lucky to receive a new game, that is helping us to practise spelling our letters, sight words and CVC words in a fun and engaging way. We have also started to take reading books home. We have loved practising our reading with our families.
In Mathematics this term we have continued to practise our counting and have started to write our numbers using the correct formation. We have enjoyed exploring how to describe the position of an object. We were so excited to learn how to add numbers together and we have been making our very own addition stories. We are really becoming number experts in Pre Primary.
This term we have been lucky enough to participate in Makerspace. We have had the opportunity to explore how to code Cubetto the robot and get him to move to different places on the mat. We have also had lots of fun playing with magnetic blocks, LEGO and gears. Makerspace has helped us to solve problems and learn how to work together.
Art & Technologies
We have been busy in Art and Technologies this term leaning new and different things. We built a raft for the Gingerbread man and tested it to see if it would float. We created some amazing firework art using paper towel rolls and lots of bright colours to make the fireworks come to life. We also helped Goldilocks as the big brown bears had broken her bed and she needed a new one. We came up with some very different and creative looking beds!
Term 2 has been a blast in Pre Primary. We are all looking forward to a good rest and break in the holidays. We wish everyone a happy and safe break and can’t wait to learn new things in Term 3.
Miss Guerinoni, Mrs Mack, Mrs Dique, Miss Rognetta, Miss Gollner and Miss Terranova
Did you know that batteries can be recycled?
Yet 94% of all batteries are placed into our regular rubbish bins.
Here at Notre Dame Catholic Primary School we want to get better at recycling batteries.
We have always had a large battery recycling container in the library, but now we have smaller collection containers in every classroom!
Please collect any “dead” batteries at home (an old take away container with a lid is great for collecting!) and send them in to school for recycling. Your child can drop them into their classroom container.
This is another awesome thing we can do for the environment!
Thanks for being “waste-wise”.
ND Sustainability Team
Year 5 Teacher
Due to Covid-19 we are waiting to receive a number of uniform items made overseas. I will inform parents as soon as these arrive. I apologise for any inconvenience this has caused.
Orders for uniform items are to be placed by emailing Mrs Danielle Lawrie (firstname.lastname@example.org) The order form and price list are on the school website (www.nds.wa.edu.au) under "School Services."
Uniform Shop Coordinator
PARENTS' & FRIENDS' ASSOCIATION
Please return all artwork by Friday 26th June (Week 9)
Payment:Online payment is available via the Picture Product website: pay.pictureproducts.com.au/NOTCSA, or you can enclose your cash payment in an envelope when you return your artwork to the front office. (Please note a $1 surcharge applies to online payments).
Kristy explains the neuroscience behind why your child throws techno-tantrums.
Unlike regular’ tantrums, techno-tantrums persist way past three years of age. There’s nothing ‘wrong’ with your child and no, it doesn’t mean they’re addicted to technology, or that you should ban the device. In fact, they’re having a ‘typical’ neurobiological response.
This video will help confused and concerned parents understand their child’s behaviour and best of all be armed with simple (mum-tested) strategies to prevent them from occurring.
Here Dr Vanessa shares how this is definitely not the case, that compassionate parenting is full of rules and boundaries, and just how to go about it all so you can strike the balance of being both firm and kind.
Mercedes College will commence interviewing Year 4 & Year 5 students who are due to start Year 7 in 2022 & 2023 respectively. If you are considering enrolling your daughter and have not yet requested a Prospectus, please contact Mrs Julie Lamb on 9323 1340 as soon as possible.
Enquiries are also welcome for places in Year 7 for 2020 and 2021. For more information please refer to the College website, www.mercedes.wa.edu.au.
Trinity College warmly invites you to attend an Open Day for prospective students on Wednesday, 1 July 2020. Families are welcome to attend the 9:15am or 4:15pm session. Each session will include a welcome by the Principal, followed by student led tours of the College, concluding with light refreshments and a chance to chat with some of our teaching staff and admissions team. Bookings can be made at: https://www.trinity.wa.edu.au/enrolments/college-open-day/.
ARANMORE CATHOLIC COLLEGE
School holiday Cloverdale School Dental Clinic information
Located at the Cloverdale Primary School, 180 Fisher St Cloverdale, please enter via gate 5 on Hendra St. Phone 9479 7222
Cloverdale Dental Clinic is open from 8am – 4pm Monday to Friday.
We are a free service and cater for school age children/teens from Kindy & Pre-Primary from the year they turn 5 to the end of year 11 or their 17th Birthday, whichever occurs first.
We are open, seeing patients and following the up to date health department covid 19 measures.
We will be open during the July 2020 school holidays too.
Should you have an emergency outside the above working hours contact your family dentist or the emergency service on 1800 098 818