Woodland Daisy Troop #2501
Your weekly update!
Daisy Troop #2501 Update!
At the first meeting, we were able to get through our agenda so the girls all earned their Promise Center AND Lupe Petal - nice work, girls!! I will have these pieces at the 11/17 meeting for the girls to bring home to place on their uniform.
The girls also began learning the Girl Scout Promise and the Girl Scout Law; we will recite these at each meeting, but below you will find each of these so you can practice with your daughter at home if you'd like.
I updated the Daisy Troop meeting schedule; inside the updated version, you will see the helper volunteer, and I added in the 12/8 Bell Ringing Event (the girls that attend will earn a badge!).
If you can, please consider being our Troop's Cookie Mom - this role is critical to our troop's cookie sale success, and I would love to have our Cookie Mom in place before the sale begins on 1/22/16. A .pdf is attached with details of what the Cookie Coordinator does for your consideration.
Thank you again for making this such a fun experience for me, and please don't hesitate to reach out to me with any questions/comments!
Next Daisy Troop Meeting!!!
Tuesday, Nov. 17th, 4-5:15pm
Woodland School, North Coop Road, Appleton, WI, United States - Room N105
At our next meeting, we will be earning our Safety Badge! To earn the Safety Award, we need to:
- create our First Aid kit (link for sign-ups included!)
- Have a Guest Speaker share with us what to do if you get lost, find out what to do if someone is choking, and learn how to do the "Stop, Drop, and Roll." I am working on getting a special visitor to come share these things with us! If you know a medical/fire professional that would be willing to donate their time, please let me know :)
Dues vs. Registration
Just a note that the Troop Dues are NOT the same as the Girl Scout Registration. The registration fee is for the Girl Scouts of America, and the $20 Troop Dues is the money we use to buy earned badges, petals, attend events, etc.
Please let me know if you have any questions on this, and thank you to those of you that have contributed to this fund :)
Checks can be made out to: Troop 2501
To keep you all posted on our Troop Account, I will share any expenses/deposits so you know how the money is being spent.
Currently, we have $120 in our account and I have spent $0! I will use this account to pay for each of the girls Promise Centers & Lupe Petals so I will share this expense in the next newsletter.
December 8 Bell Ringing!
Tuesday, Dec. 8th, 6-8pm
3701 East Calumet Street
Service Area Updates
1. There will be a Father/Daughter Dance on Saturday, April 23! Currently, this event is scheduled to be held at Westside Elementary in both gyms. A photographer has been booked, and the food is already planned. I will share the flyer/information as I get it.
2. The Powder Puff Derby is scheduled for March 11-12. This is super similar to the Pinewood Derby but for GIRLS! Registration and car weigh-in will be Friday, March 11 at Mapleview, and the event will begin at 9:00 a.m. on Saturday, March 12 (also at Mapleview). Details to come soon!
3. The Cookie Sale will begin on January 22nd for our area. I will be getting all the information at my 1/19 meeting, but a head's up on the date!
4. There are Mother/Daughter & a Roller Skating events in the works - as soon as I learn more, I will share.
Our service area meets monthly so I will continue to share the items presented at the meetings in this newsletter - and share any items as I learn them!