Osceola Science Charter School- March 15, 2019
FSA TESTING DATES
SPRING BREAK 2019
NO early release on Wednesdays! Due to FSA testing.
May 8, 2019
May 15, 2019
May 22, 2019
Students will be dismissed at 2:50 PM on these Wednesdays. If students have clubs on Wednesdays, they will be dismissed at 3:30 PM.
UPCOMING FIELD TRIPS (UPDATED)
- Kinder is going to Epcot
- 2nd grade is going to Sea World
- 3rd: 1st Grade is going to Legoland
- 8th: 4th Grade is going to St. Augustine
- 17th: 3rd Grade is going to Magic Kingdom
- 14th: 5th Grade is going to Universal Studios
International Night 2019
Tuesday, March 26th, 6pm
2880 North Orange Blossom Trail
Cost: $25.00 ****Yearbooks will be sold on a first come first serve basis.****
PICTURES FOR YEARBOOK
We need yearbook Pictures, Pictures, Pictures. If you have photos taken at OSCS or during events or fieldtrips please share them with yearbook. Go to www.hjeshare.com and enter the code: OSCSyearbook. It is then easy to download all your pictures straight from your phone. Yearbook staff appreciates your time and sharing of your memories in photos. Thank You.
OSCS FUNDRAISING PROGRAM
OSCS PARENT VOLUNTEER ORGANIZATION
OSCS would love to have you as a Parent Volunteer for the next school year!
Families, we welcome your help at the most hectic times of the day, dismissal. Having plenty of volunteers ensures that we have a safe and swift transition time. If you are interested in volunteering please sign up using the link below.
PROPOSED NEW STANDARDS REVISION PLAN
Please see below the proposed plan for switching common core standards by FLDOE. We are not expecting any change for next school year. Thank you,
A summary of the revised instructional materials adoption timeline is as follows:
· While the standards review takes place, current contracts for Mathematics and ELA materials will be extended. The Mathematics adoption is suspended, and the ELA adoption is postponed, until the standards review is complete.
· By April 2019, the department will issue a call for bids for World Languages K-12 and Career and Technical Education 6-12 to be in place for 2020-2021 school year.
· By April 2020, the department will issue a call for bids for ELA K-12 to be in place for the 2021-2022 school year.
· By April 2021, the department will issue a call for bids for Mathematics K-12 to be in place for the 2022-2023 school year.
· By April 2022, the department expects to issue the Social Studies K-12 call for bids.
· By April 2023, the department expects to issue the Science K-12 call for bids.