CVUSD College and Career Night!
CVUSD College and Career Information Night Coming Next Week!
CVUSD Virtual College and Career Information Night
High School and Middle School parents and students please join us for CVUSD's Annual College and Career Information Night on Wednesday, September 30, from 5:00 p.m. to 7:20 p.m.
The event provides an opportunity for our students and parents to learn more about college selection, the application process, and career choices.
Newbury Park High School is honored to host this virtual evening which will consist of workshops on various college and career topics presented by college and university representatives. Each workshop will consist of a 30-minute presentation followed by a 10-minute Q & A forum.
CVUSD College and Career Information Night
Wednesday, Sep. 30th, 5-7:30pm
This is an online event.
Workshop Topics Include (subject to change):
- Common Application
- Coalition Application
- Using Naviance to Create Your College List
- Tips for Writing the Personal Statement
- Holistic Review Process
- What Will Make Me Stand Out As An Applicant
- Changes in Standardized Testing Requirements Resulting from COVID 19
- Highly Selective College Admissions and USC
- Find the Perfect College and How to Pay for It
- Western Undergraduate Exchange Program
- Financial Aid and Scholarships
- Higher Ed Resources for Students with Special Needs
- Spanish Language Translations (where indicated)
- Applying to the VCCCD and Moorpark College
- Transitioning to a 4-Year University Via Community College
- Career Technical Education Programs at Moorpark College, Oxnard College, and Ventura College
- Employment & Independent Life Resources for Students with Disabilities
- Educational Support Services for Students with Disabilities
- CVUSD Wellness Room & Student Mental Health
Registering For The College and Career Information Night
- Click on the link below titled: CVUSD College and Career Fair Registration Link
- Review the document and identify the sessions your family would like to attend
- You can enlarge the registration document once you open the link.
- Register by clicking on the hyperlink provided for that topic and session time
- Once you have completed the registration for each session, you will receive a confirmation email with a ZOOM link to attend the specific sessions you registered for.
- Please do not overbook yourself with multiple sessions in the same time frame if possible
- Most of the sessions will be recorded, subject to presenters' approval, and will be made available for viewing to all CVUSD families, (Note: The Common Application and NCAA workshops will not be recorded)
- Please save all confirmation emails, we will not be able to provide a ZOOM link by email request. You must re-register for any session if you lose the link.
- Spanish Translation will be provided for the following sessions: Highly Selective Colleges, VCCCD Moorpark College and Financial Aid and Scholarships
- If you have any registration questions, please email Carmencita Ricafort at firstname.lastname@example.org
College and Career Information Night Registration Form
Career Education at the Community Colleges
Welcome to Career Education!
"Career Education gives you the hands-on, practical training needed to earn a certificate, open the door to a rewarding career, or get you started on your path toward a bachelor’s degree.
The Career Education programs at the Ventura County Community College District hold the key to unlocking quality and affordable education giving students real-world skills that lead them to the in-demand, well-paying jobs of today and the future while building stronger and more prosperous communities in the process.
Please click on the link below to read what our local community colleges are offering CVUSD students.