September 25, 2015
- Thank you for coming in to meet with us! Please see the schedule below for remaining confirmed times. If you have a question about your time please let us know. (If you don't see your name and haven't met with us, but wanted to, please email us!)
- If we met earlier or we're not meeting we sent Data Notebooks Home today! Please sign and return the blue page in the front pocket. The rest of the items in that pocket are yours to keep. Please send the binder back next week.
What we learned from YOU at conferences. . .
- "We don't understand how the math book/classwork packet/HW packet works."
- "We need to know the skills for mentor sentences to help kids study at home."
From Ms. Fenwick
Spelling: New spelling list this week with the test being on Friday!
Reading: We will be continuing our first novel study of the book The Sign of the Beaver! The students will continue to read their own individualized selections for their Genre Bingo Card--due on October 5th. No Wordly Wise this week! Don't forget that their Reading Check-In on eCLASS is due every Friday.
Writing: We will be focusing on Conjunctions again this week through our Mentor Sentence we found in a book we read together, The Memory String. We will focus on building our writing stamina through several fun activities and finish our first narrative writing piece: A Day in the Life of a Water Drop! We will then begin focusing on how to write a friendly letter!
From Mrs. Turner
- Math: Tests were today! I have conferences tonight and the NGHS game so I won't grade until the weekend. . . I'll send out scores ASAP. . . the kids are asking! Next up is Multiplication (3 digit by 2 digit) so buckle up for a fun time!
- Don't forget TenMarks is due every Friday. (I've already loaded next week's assignments for students to work on if you want to get ahead.) https://www.tenmarks.com/student
- SS: We started discussing Native Americans today. Test date is October 6. Additional resources for study may be found at: http://fenwickturner.weebly.com/social-studies.html
- Science: Weather is next. We will start it next week! Additional resources for study may be found at: http://fenwickturner.weebly.com/science.html
- Please join quizlet for Ms. Fenwick and Mrs. Turner: https://quizlet.com/join/Zyu8JdY4S AND https://quizlet.com/join/nxQx2fuGm
- Please join remind for Ms. Fenwick and Mrs. Turner (we'll send out subject specific items as well as homeroom items so join both!)
- Check our Google calendar and website often for dates, resources, and information! fenwickturner.weebly.com
- Curriculum Night questions are answered on our website. http://fenwickturner.weebly.com/forms--links.html