Our Sunday School Class
Where we love the sinner, hate the sin, and seek His kingdom
Prayer Requests Dec. 2, 2012
- Melissa - mom has a spot that needs to heal before they can do chemo
- Carman - unspoken
- Tammy- Gerald having issues with gout and sick from meds. PRAISE- brother - in-law is doing well
- Pam- PRAISE Zachary being baptized today
- Brian - here! Home for good!
- Emily - sister-in-law, Maggie, coping with loneliness and feeling betrayed. Pray she clings to her faith. Erica- pray she finds that she needs God and fellow believers
- Ed- Wednesday find out what is wrong with Brooke's ankle. Cindy is home with migraine. Traveling today , coming back Wednesday for Brookes dr. Visit, returning to Savannah Thursday to return Sunday
- Anne- Praise family here to visit
- Sandy Hook families and community
Notes From Today's Lesson (my version...feel free to disagree or correct me)
The Christmas Story
Zechariah 's story in Luke 1:5-20
What is the difference in the questions asked by Mary and Zechariah?
Mary is young and her faith could be more "pure" with the youthful faith. As an adult, he had experienced being let down and we begin doubting that God can do it (whatever "it" is).
Ed- we should go on retreat regularly and meditate on the things God has done for us. Keep those things in the forefront of our minds. We can ask God questions, but our attitude makes a difference.
Tammy- sometimes His answer is "no". It can also be "wait."
Luke 1:21- end
The story continues with the naming of the baby. Z gets his voice back at this point. Is it because he has learned his lesson?
Sherri- John is the only one that was filled with the Holy Spirit from birth.
and Mary gave birth to a son, wrapped Him in cloths, and placed him in a manger...
and there were shepherds living in the fields nearby, keeping watch over their flocks at night....
An angel of the Lord appeared and the glory of the Lord shone around them....
December 19 6:30 pm Memorial Service
Sunday School and worship AS USUAL EVERY SUNDAY IN DECEMBER
December 24 Christmas Eve Candlelight Service 5 pm
December 24-28. Church office closed
December 30 regular Sunday schedule
Sunday , January 6. Sunday School Prayer Event 5:00 in Worship Center
Sunday, January 6 ONE service at 10:00 no Sunday School this day
Soup kitchen- January 12. Arrive At 10:30
Ladies Lunch Wednesday, December 26. 1:00 at Panera