Wabasha County 4-H Newsletter
Emma Borgschatz has returned as Wabasha County 4-H's summer extension educator intern for 2023. Emma is an alumni of the Happy Ramblers 4-H club. She is a Junior at Concordia University Nebraska studying elementary education with a special education certification. When Emma is not in the office, you will find her working on her family's dairy farm near Plainview, MN
Wabasha County Fair
- The Wabasha County Premium Book is now available! You can find it on the Extension website or at z.umn.edu/WabashaCountyPremiumBook
- The FairEntry website (where you'll register for individual classes for the fair) is open as of May 16! This registration will be due by midnight on June 16. You'll start by going to wabasha.fairentry.com and you can find resources on the Extension website.
- Are you interested in being on a dairy judging team? Please contact Kayla Sexton (firstname.lastname@example.org); practices start in early June!
- We need your help! Sign up to volunteer at the fair:
- Food Stand
- Malt Truck
- Static Judging
Livestock Quality Assurance & Ethics (LQA&E) training helps youth provide excellent care for their animals and ensure a high level of food safety to consumers. This training was designed to enhance the educational experience of 4-H animal science projects.
LQA&E training is required for all state fair exhibitors. Youth must provide proof of the completed training by livestock check-in day at the County Fair, July 19, to be eligible to take a State Fair trip. Youth may take an in-person training which is valid for three fair seasons (you can see a list of upcoming trainings on the Extension website) or the online YQCA (Youth for the Quality Care of Animals) training which is valid for one fair season.
If you've added livestock projects in 4HOnline, you will receive an email notifying you that your training will have expired by the fair or you've never taken it.
May 15: Animal ID Deadline (add and update animals in 4-H Online before this date)
June 16: FairEntry Deadline
July 8: County Fair Clean-up
July 18: Static Project Judging
July 19-22: Wabasha County Fair
July 25: State Fair meeting
Click here for the full Wabasha County 4-H Calendar
^ club meetings are subject to change! Please confirm with your leaders.
Livestock Day Camp
4-H Wabasha Scholarship Money Available
Scholarships, Grants, & Awards
NEW: Seniors or 4-H'ers one year past high school are also encouraged to apply for the Nathan Holtegaard Memorial 4-H Scholarship. The application is due to the Olmsted County Extension Office by July 1.
Visit the MN 4-H site for scholarships, grants, and awards! Deadlines occur throughout the year, so please read the details and plan accordingly.
Who is receiving this newsletter?
How to do this:
- login to 4-H Online
- click the "View" button next to your child's name
- edit the email address in the "Profile" section
- Note: this will not change the family email address. You will still receive the newsletter at this address, but now your 4-Her will receive it as well!