C.C. Winn Thundering Maverick Band
Divided By Sections United In Harmony
What is Band?
- A school band is a group of student musicians who rehearse and perform instrumental music together. A concert band is usually under the direction of one or more conductors (band directors). A school band consists of wind instruments and percussion instruments, although upper level bands may also have string basses or bass guitar
- A marching band is a group consisting of instrumental musicians performing outdoors for the purpose of entertainment, exercise, and sometimes in competition. Instrumentation typically includes brass,woodwinds, and percussion instruments. Most marching bands use some kind of uniform (often of a military style) that include the school or organization's name or symbol, shakos, pith helmets, feather plums,gloves, and sometimes gauntlets, sashes, and/or capes.
- A concert band, also called wind band, symphonic band, symphonic winds, wind orchestra, wind symphony, wind ensemble, or symphonic wind ensemble, is a performing ensemble consisting of members of the woodwind, brass, and percussion families of instruments, along with the double basses.
The band formally marching into the stands, ready cheer on our mavericks!!
A Little Practice Never Hurts
An early morning practice before competition in San Antonio, Tx
The Band Loves Our Veterans
The C.C. Winn Thundering Maverick Band preparing to march in the annual Veterans Day Parade.
The Benefits Of Being In Band
- Music helps you expresses yourself creatively
- Working together teaches teamwork
- You get to make new friends
- Marching while playing develops multi-tasking skills
- You learn discipline and to not give up and keep going even if you mess up
- Marching provides good exercise
- You learn to sacrifice things for what is more important
- Learn to accept criticism
- Being a part of band in high school looks good in college applications
- Long practices encourage time management skills and dedication
Another successful competition
The clarinet section celebrates with a picture after the outstanding results at their UIL marching competition
Practice makes Perfect
Clarinets practicing hard during summer band
Some clarinets are always ready for a quick picture before kickoff
Don't make life complicated!
What Is Band To You?
Band Directors, Drum Majors, And Drill Instructors
Ivana Muza-Bass Clarinet
Drill Instrutors( D.I'S)
Interview With A Band Director
What is band to you?
Mr. Rodriguez: "Band is a way of life, its what i do, its my proffesion, its basically life"
Mr. Garza: "Band is the opportunity for students to learn about music and life through what we do with music.
What made you become a band director?
Mr. Rodriguez: " My grandfather and father inspired me, my grandfather drove a bus for a band and my father would tell me the stories of when he would go on the bus and i wanted to be there not as the bus driver but as the musician. My father was a P.E. coach and he would take me to the Rams football games and i would get an excitement from seeing the band marching in."
Mr. Garza: "My love for music made me become a band director."
When did you first become interested in band(music)?
Mr.Rodriguez: " I first became interested in band when i first saw the band at football games and i decided to become a band director my senior year when i realized music brought me more joy than anything else."
Mr.Garza: " i first became interested in music when i was in the first grade."
How long have you been directing?
Mr. Rodriguez: " I have been directing for 17 years"
Mr. Garza: " I have been a band director for 17 years"
What do you most enjoy about being a band director?
Mr.Rodriguez: "I most enjoy seeing people come and go overall I enjoy seeing my students grow."
Mr.Garza: " I mostly enjoy working with my students everyday."
Our colorguard taking a small break before a long game.
Prince & Princess
Thundering Maverick Band Sweetheart's Anthony Olivares and Brianna Guedea
Clarinets have too much time!
The clarinet section gets creative 24/7 before UIL Marching Competition
Sometimes after high school it's hard to keep following your love of music with the stress of financial problems. These scholarships are designed to help pursue your interests and your aspirations to become a musician.
Quotes From The Band?
"The only person you should try to be better than, is the person you were yesterday" -San Juanita Ruvalcaba
"Every moment is another chance, and it' up to you to make it count"- Amado Esqueda IV
"Live life" - Noe Godinez
Pre-UIL Contest (Drums Along the Medina)
Saturday, Oct. 4th, 10am
San Antonio, TX, United States
San Antonio, TX
2014-2015 C.C. Winn Thundering Maverick Band Schedule Of Events
Want To Join Band?
- must attend summer band
- must have experience in playing an instrument
- never be embarrassed
- don't be shy
- always be ready for anything unexpected
- bring your band shoes and long socks
- always carry extra clothes
- no make up, jewelry, nail polish, and have your hair up during games and performances
- if you make a mistake correct it
- practice hard
- learn your drill and memorize your music
- always be on time
- Be ready to do conditioning and dance to an aerobics routine
This is one out of many videos the band uses as motivation and inspiration to be the best we can be at anything in life.
Get Your Jazz On!
The jazz band gathers up for a quick picture after a great performance!!!
Bandies love to take pictures
Bandies performing in our Friday Peprally's