WEEK OF JANUARY 6
DR. NULL'S CISD WORD OF THE YEAR...
THINGS TO KNOW...
* Painters will be here over the hallways taking care of touch up paint jobs. If you have things in the hallway on the walls that you don't want them to remove, please take them down yourself to ensure that they are safe.
* Teachers return to work on January 6. It will be a full work day that day. A come and go breakfast will be served in the lounge starting at 8:00 a.m.
* Team leaders will meet on January 6 @ 3:00 p.m.
* All staff returns to work on January 7. The morning will be a training for ALL staff in the library. It will be from 8:00 - 11:00 a.m. Guest speaker, Tina Boogren, will be here to talk to us about the importance of self-care and give us some specific (easy) ways to ensure that we are putting ourselves first so that we can then serve others.
* Afternoon will consist of Parliament time, TELPAS training, and a few other things. (OHI)
* Students return to school on January 8. We need to make sure and take that day and maybe one more to ensure that we review expectations with all students.
* January 9 - Dr. Null and one school board member will be here to visit our campus and give out Ambassador Awards.
* Saturday, January 11 is The Western Art Show. Watch for more details.
BEFORE YOU LEAVE -
* Rooms are cleaned of winter party food, etc.
* If you have a fridge in your team room or stuff in the lounge fridge, take it home.
* Turn off computer monitors but leave computers running as they typically push updates over the holidays.
* Make sure everything on your desktop is saved to your U:drive.
* If you put food in lounge on table, go by and throw it away at the end of the day.
* Unplug any lamps you might have in your classroom.
* Turn off anything you can, except computers, to help save energy - printers, monitors, etc...
SPECIAL NOTE - February 17
ATTITUDE OF GRATITUDE
* Parliament leaders for jumping in and taking on this challenge and making it positive for everyone!
* Becky Playfair always being everywhere and doing what you do! Best counselor ever!
FOCUS FOR 19-20
*integration of technology
*implementation of guided math 3x a week
*improving Tier 1 best practices
SUGGESTION BOX RESPONSES
FUTURE DATES TO KNOW...
6 - Teachers return to work - work day
7 - All staff returns - half day guest speaker/half day training -
8 - Students return to school
9 - Ambassador Award presented by Dr. Null
9 - Kara out for GT testing training
10 - Kara out all day at training
11 - Western Art Show
11 - Chelsea and Pako's birthdays
15 - Kara out at AP meeting
16 - PTO Spirit Day @ Canes
16 - Kara out training all day
20 - School holiday for all
21 - PTO Meeting @ 9:30 am
21 - Site Based Meeting
22 - Tami out to Principals' Meeting
22 - Foundations Meeting @ 3:30
23 - ORBIT visits - watch for more details
25 - CISD Health Fair
27 - Macy Montalvo's birthday
27 - Faculty Meeting
28 - Tami out for the afternoon
29 - Tami out for training
1 - Viri Valdez's birthday
1 - Elementary Sci://Tech