EAST VALLEY E-NEWS
Empowering & Inspiring Excellence for All - May 2019
IN THIS ISSUE:
- LETTER FROM THE SUPERINTENDENT - CELEBRATING CERTIFICATED STAFF
- REQUIRED IMMUNIZATIONS
- PREK-K FAMILY FUN NIGHT - NEXT WEEK!
- GET GOOD REST BEFORE THE TEST
- EVHS CLASS OF 2019 DISTINGUISHED SCHOLARS ANNOUNCED
- IN OUR SCHOOLS - SMALL STORIES SHARING BIG SUCCESS
- EVHS FFA PLANT SALE
- JOIN OUR TEAM
LETTER FROM THE SUPERINTENDENT - CELEBRATING CERTIFICATED STAFF
Every May, we have the honor of recognizing our certificated staff for their commitment to the success of our East Valley students. Next week, along with districts across our state and country, we will have the opportunity to acknowledge and celebrate their hard work and dedication during National Teacher Appreciation Week (May 6-10, 2019).
The impact of our certificated staff is so important to the future of our students, our schools and our community. They come to work, in their various roles, every day to not only teach our kids academic content, but also to lead them to become the best versions of themselves through the connections they make with each and every one of them. It is the time that they invest in getting to know our students that shows how deeply they care. It is the high standards that they hold them to that empowers them to seek their highest aspirations and it is the passion that they show for their profession, that inspires our kids to follow their own passion and turn their dreams into productive and rewarding realities.
We ask that you join us in recognizing the impact they have on the lives of our students, the futures they build and their outstanding dedication to our community.
Now is the time to make your appointment with your health care provider to ensure that your child has the required immunizations before school starts!
The East Valley School District requires all children to have the required immunizations in order to enter and/or attend school per Washington State law RCW 28A.210.080. Please note that if a parent fails to provide the district proof of the immunizations in accordance with state law, the child will be excluded from starting and/or attending school until the district has received the following:
- A current immunization record from the healthcare provider with the Certificate of Immunization Status showing that the child has received any current and/or missing vaccine(s); OR
- A Certificate of Exemption signed by the healthcare provider showing a medical, religious, or personal reason for not vaccinating the child. Please note that RCW 28A.210.090 requires the certificate of exemption to be signed by the healthcare provider.
- 5 doses of Dtap (required K-12)
- 3 doses of Hepatitis B (required K-12)
- 2 doses MMR or MMRV (required K-12)
- 2 doses Varicella – Chicken pox (required K-12) – 2 doses must be at least 28 days apart
- 1 dose of Tdap (required 6-12)
- 4 doses of Polio vaccine (required K-12)
For more information, please visit https://www.evsd90.org/apps/pages/immunizations.
If you have students that attend East Valley Elementary School, we need your feedback to help us look at ways to improve student attendance . This quick survey will be available until Friday, May 17th!
GET GOOD REST BEFORE THE TEST!
"Practicing a growth mindset is a continuous process, which can be made easier when you have sufficient quality sleep." - Harold Penn
As we make our way through state testing season, it is very important to make sure that our students are getting adequate sleep so they can perform at their highest levels. Read this article, compliments of Mindset Works, on how sleep can support a growth mindset!
EVHS CLASS OF 2019 DISTINGUISHED SCHOLARS ANNOUNCED!
IN OUR SCHOOLS
EVC CHOIR PERFORMS FOR AUDIENCE AT THE INAUGURATION OF THE 6TH PRESIDENT OF PNWU!
PINCH POTS AT E.V.C.
Students in Mr. Davis' art classes have been spending time this spring on learning the basics of pottery making. Featured here are students working on their introductory lesson - pinch pots!
SOLAR SCIENCE IN MOXEE
Moxee 5th graders are out of this world! During the month of April, students worked on their culminating science project, showcasing scaled models of our solar system.
FOLKTALES WITH FRIENDS @ T.H.E.
On Friday, April 26th, fourth graders at Terrace Heights Elementary welcomed their second grade friends for a special story time where they shared folktales they wrote and illustrated over the course of many weeks!
PINCH POTS AT E.V.C.
SOLAR SCIENCE IN MOXEE
Contestants and coordinators celebrated their success at the annual Mr. East Valley pageant on Friday, March 31st, raising $27,064 for the Children's Village YouthWorks program.
Current Open Positions:
- Speech-Language Pathologist
- Teacher - CTE - STEM - Social Studies (East Valley H.S.)
- Assistant Secretary (East Valley H.S.)
- Bus Driver (5.50)
- Head Coach - Boys Wrestling (East Valley H.S.)
- Assistant Football Coach (East Valley High School - 2 positions available)
- Bus Drivers
For more information and to apply online, visit us at https://www.evsd90.org/apps/pages/jobs