EL Update May 2016
THANK YOU FOR ALL YOU DO!
Complimentary Membership Sweepstakes
Share or comment on
Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram and tell us why you are a TESOL teacher.
Use the hashtag #TESOLteacher and you'll automatically be entered to win a one-year complimentary TESOL membership! - See more at: http://www.tesol.org/news-landing-page/2016/04/29/tesol-celebrates-teacher-appreciation-week-2-6-may#sthash.ERXi1z16.dpuf
Fantastic 6 minute video by lead EL educator
WHAT IS IT AND HOW CAN IT HELP?
The Interactive Writing process helps students write with expression. Students start with a storyboard, talk through their ideas with a peer, and then compose a first draft. Watch as SIOP® author Dr. Jana Echevarría explains how to model and provide feedback at each step of the Interactive Writing process.
- Pascha (Easter) - Orthodox Christian
- Beltane - Samhain * - Wicca/Pagan Northern and Southern Hemispheres
- Twelfth Day of Ridvan * - Baha'i
- Saints Philip & James - Christian
- National Day of Prayer - USA - Interfaith
- Lailat al Miraj * - Islam
- Yom HaShoah * - Jewish
- National Day of Prayer USA - Interfaith
- Ascension of Jesus - Christian
- Yom Ha'Atzmaut * - Jewish
- Visakha Puja ** - Buddhist
- Pentecost - Christian
- Lailat al Bara'ah * - Islam
- Trinity Sunday - Christian
- Declaration of the Bab * - Baha'i
- Lailal al Bara'a * - Islam
- Lag B'Omer * - Jewish
- Corpus Christi - Catholic Christian
- Ascension of Baha'u'llah * - Baha'i