STAAR Writing - From Score 2 to 3
Every Sentence Counts!
Agenda for January 5, 2015
- Discuss the grade 4, 7, and EOC I mentor essays from V. Young.
- Identify the positive & negative aspects of the mentor essays.
- Each teacher receives a score point #2 student essay to revise.
- Teachers delete unnecessary or repetitive sentences during the revision process.
- Teachers rewrite the student papers.
- Teachers read the before and after essays in small groups.
- Implications for the classroom are discussed.