The Paw Print
Volume 4 September 18, 2020
Message from Mrs. Erenstoft
This newsletter contains various topics. Please make sure that you click on the survey regarding communication. Our hope is to communicate effectively and efficiently, and we look forward to getting your input. There is also key information on inclement weather dismissal and the sales surtax renewal.
Again, thank you for continuing to entrust your students to us. We are honored to be on this journey with you.
Sunshine State Books
Welcome Nurse Kiley!
Please join us in welcoming Kiley Yohn to the Surfside Family. She is serving as the new nurse in our clinic. Below is a little message from Ms. Yohn telling you about herself.
My name is Kiley Yohn. I'm an Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) with the Florida Department of Health. If you've worked at other schools you may have recognized my name. I was a school nurse a few years ago for Brevard County schools, then I moved to Louisiana for a short stint of 3 years. Other than that I am a Nebraskan at heart, 5 year of service Air Force veteran, wife of a retired military veteran, a mother of three young men, and a 10 year cancer survivor. I enjoy dabbling in all artsy crafty fun, nature photography, outdoor activities, and travel.
Welcome, Ms. Yohn!
Clinic Quarantine Information
Students who go the school clinic and show any symptoms of Covid-19 will be sent home and required to quarantine for a period of ten days. The list of symptoms can be found below. Students may return to school sooner if they meet the following criteria;
1. A medical release from your child’s doctor clearing them to return to school OR
2. A negative viral Covid-19 test (must be a PCR, not a Rapid Antigen test) AND
3. No fever (100.4 or greater) for at least 24 hours without medication
· Fever greater than 100.4
· Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
· Muscle or body aches
· New loss of taste or smell
· Sore Throat
· Nausea or vomiting
Sales Surtax Renewal
Free Breakfast and Lunch for ALL Students
School Advisory Council Needs Parents
Please click this button to fill out a short survey if you are interested in serving on SAC.
Please click this button to complete a very short survey regarding communication at Surfside.
Inclement Weather Dismissal
1. If we need to move to an inclement weather dismissal, families will be notified via email, text and phone call.
2. In the event that lightning is close to Surfside, we will hold all walkers and bikers and follow their Inclement Weather Dismissal Plan. If you have not provided a copy to your child's teacher, please do so as soon as possible.
3. If inclement weather is called, but we can safely dismiss car riders, we will use the overhangs at the end of the third and fifth grade hallways. Students will remain in their classrooms until we call them to come to the car loop. Staff members will be throughout the campus supporting students as they dismiss.
4. If your student attends Panther Den, they will be dismissed with the support of staff as usual.
Our ultimate goal is to keep students safe. Thank you ahead of time for your patience as we implement these plans.
Important Dates and Reminders
- Interims will be posted on September 30
- Picture Day is October 23, 2020
- Report Cards will be posted on October 30