The Wildcat Weekly
Volume 2 Issue 10
November 18, 2022
Calendar of Events
Tuesday, Nov 22 Gr 6-8 Band/Chorus Day of Music Trip @ HCRHS 9am-11:45am
Wednesday, Nov 23 Early Dismissal; Make-Up Picture Day
Thu, Nov 24-Fri, Nov 25 No School: Thanksgiving Recess
Saturday, Dec 3 Holiday Parade/Tree Lighting Parade: 4:30pm; Tree Lighting 5:30pm
Mon, Dec 5-Wed, Dec 7 PiE Holiday Shoppe
Thursday, December 8 End of 1st Marking Period
Friday, December 9 2nd Marking Period Begins
Wednesday, Dec 14 PiE Meeting 7pm@ Performing Arts Room; 8th Gr Washington DC Info Session on Zoom
Thursday, Dec 15 Holiday Band & Choral Concert 7pm @ gymnasium
Friday, Dec 16 Report Cards Available on Genesis Parent Portal
Tuesday, Dec 20 BOE Meeting 7pm @ Performing Arts Room
Friday, Dec 23 Early Dismissal: Winter Recess
No Newsletter Next Week
We thank you ahead of time for your cooperation and understanding.
8th Gr DC trip
Attention all 8th Grade Parents!
There will be a Washington DC information session on Wednesday, December 14.
This year, it will be on Zoom, so join in from the comfort of your home!
More information to follow.
Thanks so much to 1st Gr teacher Mrs. Ferry and Board President Mrs. Pouria for helping to organize our Senior Reader program. Throughout the year, Mrs. Ferry will be hosting guest readers from our Delaware Township Senior community.
Here is Bonnie reading to our 1st graders!
ATTENTION 8th Grade Families:
Baby pictures are currently being collected for the
8th Grade Baby Picture Yearbook Collage.
Please email digital copies to email@example.com OR bring a printed copy to school to be scanned & returned to you.
Please submit all pictures by December 9th.
The students in the InvestiG.A.T.E. program are collecting new pajamas and books for The Pajama Program again this year. We will collect again this year for the children at a local NORWESCAP Head Start preschool.
In order to insure that each child attending the school receives a set of pj's and a book, we are asking parents to sign up for a specific child. If you're interested in donating, please sign up for a specific child on the site below. We hope to collect over 50 pairs of pajamas and books, so that each child at the school will receive a gift.
Feel free to donate more than one set of pj's/books :)
Delaware Township School is proud to offer many athletic opportunities
for students in Grades 5-8.
Below are our sports schedules for the Winter season.
Click on each sport for a schedule of games.
- Please join us for our next meeting on December 14th at 7 p.m. in the school’s Performing Arts Room (PAR).
- Note, the meeting dates are changed this year so generally not be back to back with the Board of Education hoping this might make it easier to attend meetings.
- Upcoming Meeting dates for the year are: 1/11, 2/8, 3/8, 4/5, & 5/10 at 7 p.m. in the PAR.
- Program fee for the year is due ASAP. This fee allows us to continue bringing great assemblies and programs that the students enjoy and that enrich their school experience. The program fee model enables us to streamline the financial and volunteer commitments for families.
- Forms were sent home in your child's backpack but you can also find them here https://dtspie.com/support-pie-donate.
- The recommended donation of $75/student has been adjusted to reflect our current goals for programming.
- PiEis looking for volunteers to help run this year's Holiday Shoppe from December 5th-7th
- Click to sign up. https://www.signupgenius.com/go/10C084EAFA92AA3F85-volunteer1
Note To School
- Tired of writing notes to the school when your child needs to stay after school or is being signed out early?
- PiE has just the answer - a notepad with the key data points the school needs already pre-printed and organized. Simply fill in your personal data and send along with your child.
- Reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org to order yours. One pad is $3; two pads for $5.
ShopRite Gift Card Program
- Do you shop at ShopRite? Help us earn money all year long by simply buying gift cards from PiE. Register for your increment using the form found here: https://dtspie.com/support-pie-donate/
- How it works - you register using the form, each month, you will receive the gift card increment (for example $100), and then you write a check to PiE for the $100. Super simple and if you shop at ShopRite, it doesn’t cost you anything more or less!!
- PiE makes 5% on every gift card purchase so that same $100, earns PiE $5.
Amazon Smile & Shutterfly
- Do you already shop at Amazon or Shutterfly? For information on how you can link to PiE and PiE will earn funds from your purchases go to this link: https://dtspie.com/amazon-smiles/
- VOLUNTEERS NEEDED for PiE Events!
Want to volunteer some of your time for PiE events? Fill out the Google Form & be notified of any upcoming PiE events in need of volunteers.
There are also some PiE committees in need of a chairperson. For more information or questions contact Debbie Lubitz at email@example.com.
Native American Heritage Month
November is Native American Heritage Month.
This month, we offer recognition for the significant contributions the first Americans made to the establishment and growth of the United States!
Early Morning Rehearsal Reminders
Jazz Band meets Tuesdays @ 8:10am
Elementary Chorus meets Wednesdays @ 8:10am
5th Gr Band meets Thursdays @ 8:00am
**Please note that lunch is no longer offered free of charge. Student lunches will be $3.50, plus an additional cost for snacks.**
Free & Reduced Lunch
Parents may apply for a free and reduced lunch at any time during the school year.
DTS will be serving fresh pizza from Nicola's Pizza every Friday!
What's Happening Around Town?
Want to know what's going on at the High School? Click here to go to the parents' resource page on Hunterdon Central's website
Delaware Township Rec Commission
The Wildcat Weekly is published every Friday.
In cases where it is a shortened week, the publication date may be adjusted.
If you would like something published in the newsletter, please email your submission to firstname.lastname@example.org by each Tuesday at 3:30pm. Please include the length of time you'd like your information to be in the newsletter.
All submissions must be approved by the school administration
before being included in the newsletter.