Toko School Newsletter
Thursday 9th December 2021
Kura Tuatahi Toko
Quality learning for all in a caring community.
Kounga ako mo katoa i roto i te taiao e atawhai ana.
Dear Parents and Friends of our school Kia Ora/Bora Da/Konichi Wa/Hello
It most certainly has been another interesting year for us all. I wish to thank you all for your generosity, kindness and consideration over the year. The support within our school and wider community is truly valued and appreciated.
I am sure that you will all agree with me that our movie screening of Dancing Through the Decades was a real hit. Our students and teachers are amazing! A lot of work goes on behind the scenes to pull this altogether and I would like to acknowledge the staff for the time and effort they have put into this!!!
Just a reminder that the last day of school is Wednesday 15th December. We will be finishing school at 12.00. All buses will be running on this day to take our children home at 12.00.
These will be handed out on Monday and payment MUST be made by Friday.
2022 SCHOOL ORGANISATION
At present we are busy finishing off end of year school requirements as well as planning for 2021.
We can confirm the following class organisation for 2022 remains unchanged from this year:
Room 1 - New Entrant Year 1 - Miss Mancer
Room 2 - Year 1 - 2 - Mrs Oliver
Room 3 - Year 4 - 5 - Mrs Coulson
Room 4 - Year 3 - 4 - Mrs Fergus
Room 5 - Year 6 - 8 - Mrs Fuller
Room 6 - Year 6 - 8 - Miss Smith
Mrs Hancock will be released from the classroom next year and will be working across multiple rooms and in the Acting Principal role 2 days per week when Mrs Waite is workig on her Kahui Ako Lead Principal role.
Part Time - Mrs Eagar and Mrs Wyllie
If your child is going to be in a split class (eg 3/4 or 4/5) letters are being sent home today to advise parents of which class their child will be going into. All children will meet with their new teacher and classmates for 2022 on Monday 13th December at 2pm.
YEAR 8 LEAVERS DINNER FAREWELL
SEESAW (Year 6 - 8 only) / SCHOOL APP CHANGES 2022
We are delighted to launch our new communication and reporting system, Hero. As mentioned in previous newsletters our student management system has gone into receivership and as a result we have to make a few changes to some of the platforms we use.
Hero allows schools to build an online environment that reflects our unique context. It enables teachers, students, and families to view and share content anytime, anywhere on any device. The software is secure, easy to use and brings together all school-related information in one place.
We are excited about the features that Hero has to offer families. These include the ability for parents and caregivers to
- read and comment on posts relating to your child’s learning
- read and comment on school notices sent to the class or groups your child is part of
- respond to school notices such as surveys and trip permission requests
- view school term dates
- view a school calendar of events
- notify the school if your child is absent or late
- navigate to other school-related webpages
- customise your account by adding a profile image
- select how you wish to receive notifications
Over the upcoming year, staff and students will be posting rich content to our Hero software and we are looking forward to sharing this with you to include you in your child’s learning journey.
Learning posts combined with curriculum information and goal-setting will form an online report designed to build year on year so that over time you will have access to written posts, images, video, work samples, and helpful resources all in one place.
As a result we will no longer be using the school app and children in Years 6 - 8 will no longer be using Seesaw.
For information about Hero including how to log in, go to Hero.
BEGINNING OF THE YEAR - MEET THE TEACHER
The booking website is open from 4pm today.
1. Go to https://www.schoolinterviews.co.nz. Enter our school code: 337hh
2. Enter your name, email address and the names of the students you wish to make bookings for.
3. Select the teachers you'd like by ticking the checkbox beside their name, and then click the "Book Interviews' button at the bottom of the page.
4. Using the timetable, click the 'Book" button beside the time slot you'd like to book for the teacher. You'll be asked to confirm your booking.
5. Continue until you've booked all the teachers.
6. Once you're finished, you can view your timetable by clicking 'My Interviews' at the top of the page. You can also print a PDF timetable to take to your interviews.
Before your interviews, you'll receive an email reminder containing your timetable. If you need to cancel any interviews, you'll receive an email reminder containing your timetable. If you need to cancel any interviews, you can do so by following the link in the email you received when you first signed up. If you can't book online, you will be able to book via the school office from Monday 24th January.
Classes begin on Tuesday 1st February.
A FEW REMINDERS
- Year 3 - 5 Camp forms should all be returned and Police Vetting forms must be completed and returned to the office by this Friday.
- Lost Property is on display in the hall. Please pop down and have a look through the pile.
- School Accounts -Can you please ensure these have been paid in full.
HEAD-PHONES & PENCIL CASES A MUST IN 2022
LOST LIBRARY BOOKS
- Amazing Acrobats
- Fast flight
- Fighter planes
- Hansel & Gretel
- Hero at Dunkirk
- Minecraft guide to exploration
Senior Novel sets
Because of Winn Dixie
Stay where you are, then leave.
The school pool is ready to use from this weekend. If you would like to use our school pool over the summer can you please contact: email@example.com to receive a key. If you have a key and are not going to be using the pool can this please be returned so you are not charged for the 2021/2022 summer swim season. The price is $50 per key, including a $10 bond.
When visiting the pool you will be required to scan in and follow all other health recommendations. These include - distancing from people you don't know, staying home if you are sick and scanning in
\We ask this year that you do not bring visitors with you to the pool and that the pool is only used by the family that has purchased a key.
Please ensure when using the school pool you follow the pool rules and if there is something you need to report, please call the school and leave a message on the school phone as this is checked regularly over the holidays.