The Bulldog Bark
- When responding to an adult, always use "Ma'am" or "Sir".
- Make eye contact when someone is speaking to you.
- Respect other students' comments, opinions, & ideas.
- If you are asked a question in conversation, ask a question in return.
- Do not show disrect with gestures.
- Always say "Thank you" when given something.
- Suprrise others by performing random acts of kindness.
- If someone bumps into you, say "Excuse me", even if it was not your fault.
- Learn from your mistakes and move on.
- No matter the circumstances, ALWAYS be HONEST.
SMS--Excellence in All We Do,
No School on November 6 for Election Day
Thanksgiving Break November 21-23
Check out this month's edition of the Middle School Years on Study Tips and Getting Involved in the Community!
Congratulations to our Students of the Month
Buy a Yearbook for $20 before Christmas! Turn your money into Ms. Clark in Room B-13 with an order form!
AR Championship Belt
AR Field Trips
Do you like Field Trips?
We will be taking the TOP 20 AR Point winners for the school year on an end of the year super fun field trip. Keep reading so you can be included! Check to see if your name is in the running to go. The list is on the wall outside the library entrance and will be updated monthly.
Upcoming AR Deadlines
November 9: 50% AR goal due with 82% accuracy
November 14: Free Dress for those who met the November 9th deadline
December 17: 100% AR goal due with 82% accuracy
December 19: Free Dress for those who met the December 17th deadline
Public Library Book Mobile
Henderson Public Library Bookmobile visits our school before school starts on these dates in November:
Get your child a HCPL digital access card so they can access online books through their website on their chrome books!
This gives your child even more reading choices to help them reach their AR goal.
We want to say a HUGE thank you to a couple of very generous donors to our SMS library this year. International Paper awarded us a grant of 3000.00 to purchase more library books. The Davenport Family also donated a very generous amount to help us purchase books as well.
SMS thanks you for your kindness and support! The students are loving them.
EMAIL OPTION FOR ATTENDANCE NOTES
Attendance notes, parent notes, school excuses of any kind---
1. All notes can be turned into the school or faxed at 270-831-5058 as we have always done……
2. Parents can either download, scan or take a snapshot of the note and email it to SMSattendance@henderson.kyschools.us
Boys Soccer City Champions
Congrats to our SMS Boys Soccer team on winning the City Championship for the first time in history! Jack Gentry scored the only goal in the game on a penalty with around 1 minute left!
Final Score: SMS 1 Holy Name 0!
Congrats to Bulldogs and Coach Heffington!
8th Grade Bulldogs Football City Championship
Infinite Campus Information Using the Link Above
Infinite Campus Parent Portal Users
Parents who use the Mobile App for Parent Portal who get a message saying their account needs attention should delete the app and install a new version. Our district ID is Henderson.
Parents: It is important to log into your portal account at least once a month to keep you
Parent Portal Password Resets can be done by clicking the FORGOT PASSWORD link
using Infinite Campus Link above under the log in boxes. Passwords must be a minimum of 9 characters, any combination of letters, numbers, or symbols There is a FORGOT USER NAME link
First Time Parent Portal Users who are parents of currently enrolled students will need to
get an Activation Key to set up their account by emailing OLR@HENDERSON.KYSCHOOLS.US
or if you cannot use email by calling 270-831-8784.
Once you have an Activation Key:
- Click the "Infinite Campus Parent Portal" link on any Henderson County School web page.
- Click the "Click Here for Parents with an Activation Key" link
- Use the Key and set up your User Name and Password.
- You can then download the Infinite Campus App on your phone after setting it up as instructed above.