Boone Meadow Friday Flyer
March 19, 2021
ZCS "Do Days"
Students wrote notes of encouragement and gratitude to safety partners with Boone County Sherriff's Department.
These students packed lunches for people without homes to be distributed by Wheeler Mission.
In addition to cleaning up our campus and picking up trash, students also wrote letters to many of our Veteran heroes.
Dear Boone Meadow Families -
It's been another busy week here at The Meadow.
ZCS Do Day: As you can see from the photos above, Zionsville "Do Days" were a success this week. Classes throughout the building picked up trash on our campus, participated in a food drive for the Caring Center, wrote letters of encouragement to safety partners and veterans, fed the hungry, as well as, many other acts of service. What a wonderful, tangible way to serve our community and serve others.
Unified Champions/Special Olympics: Today was Bubblegum & Hat Day to celebrate BME's participation in fundraising for Special Olympics, which yielded a whopping $841. Thank you for supporting our Unified Champion athletes. Bravo on a job well-done!
New and Returning Students: We welcomed many new faces into classrooms this week, and we have more new students coming. Families continue to move into our community and enrollment numbers for the coming year are strong. Thank you for welcoming neighbors into your community and sharing positive stories of our school. These stories trickle back to us, and we are grateful to engage in such a fine partnership with you.
Kindergarten "Strong Start" & Incoming Kindy Registration: Please continue spreading the word that enrollment is open and available to those families within the ZCS boundaries. Early registration helps us with planning for the upcoming year.
NWEA testing window began on Monday, March 15th, and continues through April 1st. Your child's teacher should communicate dates of testing for their classes.
Have a great weekend!
In this together,
Kindergarten Registration is now available
Spread the word...Kindergarten registration (and all new student registration) for the 21-22 school year is now live. Early registration is an important component to our planning process, so the sooner families register, the better prepared we can be to welcome the class of 2034.
You can access the registration by clicking the link below, or accessing from our websites.
Kindy registration link: https://www.zcs.k12.in.us/apps/pages/registration_information
- Go to the ZCS main webpage >> Parents >> Registration
- or on our BME website, you can click on Kindergarten Registration under “News” at the bottom of the page.
Please remember that students have to be 5 on or before August 1st.
Upcoming Events & Important Info
March 19 - Gum and Hat Day
March 23 - Student Progress Reports made available through PowerSchool
March 28 - Palm Sunday/Passover
April 2 - April 9 - Spring Break
April 2 - Good Friday
April 4 - Easter
April 13 - Ramadan Starts
April 15 - ZWest Music visit to BME
May 5 - Cinco de Mayo
May 13 - Eid
May 26 - Last day of school
May 27 - Teacher work day
May 31 - Memorial Day
Crosswalk Safety Guidance
Dear Families of BME Walkers & Bike Riders –
Safety is one of our highest concerns for students and staff at BME. Please read carefully in effort to partner for your child’s safety as they utilize the crosswalk, especially during dismissal at the end of the day.
- In effort to provide families the opportunity to utilize the car rider line on tricky weather days (or dodge construction on fire hydrants), all walkers/bikers will be dismissed last each day. You will note that our car line will have approximately 10-20 cars remaining in line when we call walkers/bikers from their classrooms for dismissal. This results in your child leaving the building and being escorted to the crosswalk 5-10 minutes later than you are currently accustomed.
- Secondly and whenever possible, please meet your child(ren) at the crosswalk. BME staff can assist students to the edge of school property, and they will serve to assist students as they cross South Main Street. As we consider the safety of students and staff, we are unable to assist students to the pool/playground parking lot at Clark Meadows as BME staff cannot be liable for safety (crossing streets, traffic, etc…) once off school property.
As always, we thank you for your partnership as we strive to keep students and staff safe.
CoVID Guidance and Updates
Please click HERE (or the "mask up" image) for information regarding:
- Quarantine guidance
- Screening information
- Close contact information
- Secondary Hybrid schedules
- Parent Resources
- and other important information.
ZCS and the Zionsville Diversity Coalition partnered to create a list of mentor texts that support our elementary adopted literacy curriculum. Books donated will be placed in our elementary classrooms for teachers to use and to offer our students mirrors (seeing themselves), windows (seeing others), and doors (opportunities to learn about differences) because in ZCS, EVERYONE BELONGS!
You can utilize School Pay to pay for textbook rentals and to fund lunch accounts. Information about School Pay as well as additional lunch details, such as the monthly menu, can be found on the Food Services website.