Happy Labor Day
- "This is Jeff- this won't last"
- "90% of students smoke weed here, stop tripping, this is Jeff"
- "You've worked in those white schools too long, this is Jeff we are black here"
- "I don't know why you care so much about attendance, nobody else here cares like that"
I could list more of these comments from students and parents. I listed those because I want to reiterate
- We will be consistent
- We will continue to interrupt behaviors non conducive to our school environment
- Jefferson students should have the same high expectations as all students and we will continue to tell students through our "discipline", which means to teach!
Again, I thank all of you for supporting students in your classrooms and supporting our school culture!
- Labor Day
- B day (no staff meeting, remember your yearly trainings are due in Pepper 10/31)
- A Day
- Class Meetings(more information below)
- B Day
- All 8 Day-Fire Drill 9:30(more information-routes, etc- coming by Wednesday)
What is a Teacher Hack- Mr. Kulak
Suggested Time and Framework
- The reason" why" it was decide to lower the lunch time by 5 min (instructional hours-district decision)
- The "why" for the extra focus on attendance and maintaining students in the classroom
- The "why" of holding high expectations throughout the "School of Champions"
- We want to also offer a time for Q & A
- A Day Schedule
- 1st Period- 9th & 10th Grade
- Time: 9:10-10:00
- 3rd Period- 11th & 12th Grade
- Time: 10:40- 11:40
- Location- Small Gym
If this schedule will cause a hardship for what you have planned in class please email me by mid-day Tuesday.
I will send a final confirmation by mid-day Tuesday, confirming our schedule.
Teachers will need to walk their classes to the small gym and sit your class, as we discuss the above topics.
Thanks for the flexibility, if we can pull this off
DO NOT ADMIT
Will send an email stating:
Please Do Not Admit _______ Once this students meets with an Admin or Dean of Students you will see a follow-up to admit.
Email- Subject Line:
DO NOT ADMIT- students initials
Why Do Not Admit?
- Admin Follow-up
- Dean Follow-up
- Community Partner need
- Etc, Etc
Please reach out to an Admin if you have any questions
Only Teachers of the students will receive the email of their student
Back To School Night
Back To School- September 14th!!!
Agenda: We will have teachers in departments spread throughout B Floor. The schedule and room assignments will be shared this week
What You Should Prepare: Each Department will be in a classroom and providing an "elevator" speech regarding your department, class, etc.Each should cover the following:
- Sequence of offerings within the department- 9th-12th, or...
- When scholars leave your department as 12th graders your hope is that they have gained X-Skills
- Contact information for each of you for parents
- Each rotation/session will last 15min
More information to come
Please Read Carefully
Please do not send your students to the office to get additional orange passes. If you need passes, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Quizlet Renewal: Please let MLopez2@pps.net if you are planning to use Quizlet this year so that he knows how many licenses to renew.
Student Password Resets in order to keep students in classrooms, please do a refresher and bookmark the info on how to reset a student password with a student. Keep in mind passwords need to be 16 characters. We often change them to something like frantzjefferson2022
For Teaching staff who have rostered classes in Synergy can follow these steps: https://support.pps.net/support/solutions/articles/8000076144-how-to-reset-student-passwords-using-my-pps-portal
For non teaching staff who do not have a rostered class in Synergy and have access to the Student Password Reset Tool follow these steps:
Demo Resource Folder
EL Scholar, SEI and Latino Network caseloads are being updated in Demo Resources in Canvas. Cali has put together other great EL scaffolding resources that will live there as well. Please contact Melissa if you have not received your Canvas invite.
On The Lookout:
GenWow Empowerment Workshop for Girls in PIL Athletics:
Sept. 22nd @ Grant HS - 10:00 AM-12:00 PM
Bus departure from Jefferson is TBD
*Please send any female identified students to the Athletic Office if you feel they would be interested in this opportunity
PAT- District Information
September 23rd Professional Learning Day
On September 23rd, TPL will be hosting the first embedded professional learning day for PAT members. As a reminder, this event is a non-student facing day for all schools. This event is mandatory for all CSI/TSI teachers . While this is mandatory for CSI/TSI teachers, there is no make-up training. All teachers who attend will be paid their hourly rate as this is not part of their 192 day contract. We will continue to update the TPL website with any needed additional information.
Please read carefully through the list of bullets below for details:
Location: McDaniel High School and Grant High School, we will provide more information in the upcoming weeks about which sessions are being offered at each site.
Event Time: 8:30 AM - 3:30 PM, 1 hour for lunch and lunch is provided. Teachers will be paid for 6 hours (lunch is unpaid).
Pepper Registration: Pepper registration is mandatory for this event, and registration closes on September 14 at 11:59 PM. If educators are not signed up by 11:59 PM on September 14, they are not able to attend. There will be no exceptions and educators will be turned away at the event site if they are not signed up in Pepper.
Registration: Please share with your teachers the September 23rd Pepper Registrationdocument. TPL will send out communication to teachers through the teacher portal and through a direct email to all teachers the week of September 6th and September 12th.
EAs and Paras: Note that 9/23, 10/14, and 2/17 are non-working days for all classified staff under 260 working days so EAs and Paras are not included in these PD days.
- PD Calendar
- Flex Day Calendar