PVHS Class of 2022 Newsletter
Thursday, Sep. 23rd, 10:15am
617 13th Street South
SO MANY college recruiters will be available to meet with students from Alabama and across the Southeast. Students will ride busses and return around 12:15.
- SIGN UP to meet with college recruiters at PVHS! Sign up sheets are located outside the counseling office. We have Samford, JSU, the Army, and MORE coming in the next couple of weeks!
- Most colleges are accepting in person college tours. Go to the college website to sign up for a college tour.
- Take some virtual college tours.
- Research colleges on the College Board Website.
- Click the "Information on Alabama Colleges" below to find college requirements for the Class of 2022.
- Figure out what you want to as a career. Take this interest inventory and research careers.
- Discuss with your parents about how you will be paying for college.
- Narrow your college list and begin applying! Check out this sheet for steps in applying, sending transcripts, etc!
- Once you apply, request our registrar to send your official transcript. These cost $5.00 each. Mrs. Bryant will be happy to send these to the college(s) to which you apply.
- Click the bright "Scholarships" tab below to learn about the three main kinds of scholarships and how to apply for them.
- All seniors should have created their "MyACTaccount" when they took the ACT in March of last year. If you forgot your user name or password, you will need to go to act.org to have it sent to you. PVHS does not have your username or password.
- Most students take the ACT at least 3 times to improve their grades for scholarships and college admissions. To register for other ACT tests, you will go to the ACT website and log in to your account you created. You only need to register for the ACT (NOT writing). You will need to pay with a debit card or credit card. Make sure you keep your user name and password in a safe place. (Trust me on this! You don't want to have to bother with calling ACT.) To register for ACT, click here: http://www.act.org/
- If you get free or reduced lunch, email Mrs. Bryant for an ACT fee waiver! firstname.lastname@example.org (Mrs. Bryant will only be in the office once a week in the summer, so don't wait until the last minute.)Students can receive 4 ACT fee waivers so they don't have to pay for the ACT 4 times during their Junior and Senior years.
Need a Recommendation Letter?
*Complete this Student Profile Sheet.
*Email Student Profile Sheet and Resume to Ms. Akin (email@example.com)
*Request letter 2 weeks in advance. The counselor may not be able to write a letter if 2 weeks notice is not given.
*Email Mrs. Akin to ask for a recommendation letter. Make sure you include a RESUME, the deadline for the letter, and what specific organization the recommendation is for. I do not give students recommendation letter so either let me know where to send it or when you will pick up.
Register to take the ASVAB on September 21, 2021. Click here to register or scan the QR code below!
Study for the ASVAB. The higher your score, the more career options you will have in the military. You could also get a signing bonus! Seniors will have the opportunity to take the ASVAB in the fall here at PVHS.
Want to meet with a recruiter? Please let me know and I can connect you.
Work on a resume! Click this link for a guide to creating your resume!
Talk to your CAREER TECH teachers (especially our manufacturing teachers to see if they know of any jobs, apprenticeship programs.)
- October 5- 4:00-6:00 PM outside auditorium
- October 21- 4:00-6:00 PM outside auditorium
- November 16- 11:30-1:30 outside audtiorium