December 13, 2015
PRESIDENT Jen Mandelblatt
Thank you so much for all of your ideas and input at the PC meetings. Council is working hard to implement them to ensure that this is an incredible year for KD. Some of these ideas will be reflected in the new points form! Additionally, due to a Panhellenic rule, there will no longer be points for mixer attendance; however, getting to hang out with your sisters and dancing the night away is better then points! If you have any questions please do not hesitate to ask.
Keep an eye out near the end of break for a stellar packet of information including our chapter excellence goals for the year along with our action plans, as well as exciting new ideas that each Council member is working on implementing.
To all of our sisters going abroad next semester- we will miss you but have the most incredible time and keep in touch.
Have a wonderful break and I can't wait to see you all back here for recruitment!!
Much Love in AOT,
VP Member Education Elise Czuchna
Potential Bigs! Thank you all so much for meeting with me last Monday and Tuesday! You all had such wonderful ideas and I am so excited for the newest PC! If you did not attend one of the two meetings that we had, you must email me in order to get the information that you missed. Also, I sent out the forms to be signed and returned to me. You can either turn in a physical copy or do an emailed version. Regardless, I need this ASAP. I am not going to be emailing people individually about getting me the forms, it's y'alls' responsibility. However, I cannot give you all littles if I do not have these forms.
Also, be expecting an email from at some point over Winter Break with some details for you all to keep in mind during that period.
You are all loved!
VP CS Miranda Deane
The benefit concert has been moved to March 6th after chapter!
Keep signing up acts and message me if you want to MC
SECRETARY Katie O'Brien
There is a lot of important information in this announcement, so read ALL of it carefully.
After winter break we will be completely transitioned over to GIN. If you are not on, get on. All official announcements will be posted there. Any important logistical announcements from all members of the chapter will be posted on the chapter wall (also on GIN). This includes apparel distribution, last minute time changes, etc. The Facebook page will only be used for fun things like "Hey I have a concert tonight and you should come!" or "I'm doing ____ for ____ charity and it would be awesome if y'all could support it." If you are unsure where to post something, let me know!
***Points forms will now be open for two weeks at a time, rather that 1. This will give you more time to fill them out, but please try to get them done within the firs week. If you do not complete the points forms within this two week period, you will forfeit any of those points that you earned. There will be NO exceptions. ***
Here is last week's form: Points form 3
There is a new points breakdown effective immediately:
Overall: 20 points will still be required
(3 points) Sisterhood
- Attend 3 sisterhood events (1 point each)
(3 points) New Member period
- Attend at least 1 dry mixer (1 point)
- Attend at least 2 of the optional new member events (1 point each)
(4 points) Philanthropy
- Attend 1 girl scout event (1 point)
- Attend 1 other Kappa Delta philanthropy event (1 point)
- 2 external philanthropy events (1 point each) send photo proof to Miranda. These cannot be affiliated with Kappa Delta. External Philanthropy is supporting philanthropies of other on-campus organizations.
(10 points) Can be fulfilled by going above the requirement in any of the above categories or with anything listed below:
- Sober monitor for mixers (2 points) - you still need to sober once a semester
- Support a sister (1 point) – Support a sister is attending an event that a sister is hosting or working on. Acceptable events are things like concerts. This will be much stricter this semester.
- Trivia (1 point) maximum of 5
- Pre-mixer clothing swap/bonding (1 point) – Send photo proof to Katie. The photo must include all of the girls in the foyer of the house (not in individual rooms) or a photo from the pre-mixer bonding that will be happening weekly in college town.
- Lunch in letters (1 point) – 1 per week
Seniors will only be required to have 15 points, but must still fulfill all of the required points in each of the mandatory categories. Basically, that means that for "other" you only need to get 5 points.
The penalty for not fulfilling the points requirement has changed. If you do not meet the points requirement, you will automatically be required to sober formal, whether or not you were planning on attending. If for some reason you cannot attend, you will be required to find someone to take your place. To avoid this, fulfill the points requirements! On top of this, the sobers for formal will be tentatively chosen two weeks before formal (aka if you don't have enough points, you will be told you are sobering at this time), and one week before formal, they will be official. This means that you MUST have all points completed preferably two weeks before, but certainly ONE WEEK before formal.
We will still be using the sober pool for mixers, formal, slope day, etc., and you are still required to sober 1 time per semester. The same rules as this semester will apply.
Points will no longer be awarded for attending mixers (with the exception of dry mixers). Instead, pre-mixer bonding points will be awarded. The idea is that everyone can head over to the mixer together afterwards.
Let me know if you have any questions or concerns!
FINANCE Arielle Anderer
You probably want to read this!
It’s time to start selling magazines! Each sister is responsible for selling $40 worth of magazines by the end of January. Get your family members subscriptions for the holidays, or get your family members to order magazines for you for the holidays!
Our chapter page is:www.efundraising.com/OmegaChi
To set up your own page:
1) Go to your the omega chi webpage: www.efundraising.com/OmegaChi
2) Click “Are you a member of this group? Join the campaign!”
3) Follow the three simple steps provided on the site to personalize your fundraising page.
4) Share your personalized fundraising page URL via email, Facebook and Twitter. This URL can be found when you log in to the campaign on the right-hand side above your group goal.
And as you go into finals, remember the wise words of Robert Frost: "In three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: it goes on."