Week of November 26th, 2018
I hope that this past week was restful and that you got time to recharge and spend time with family. As we wrap up November this week and jump into December, Jordan and I have a few special things planned to help celebrate you and the holiday season. In the midst of the stress leading up to the next break, I hope you can pause and enjoy your kids and these few extra little treats.
Here's to a great remaining month of 2018!
-Jordan & Cooper
- Holiday Bingo! - How about a little friendly competition? For the next 2 weeks, we invite you to join in for a giant game of staff bingo. Check out the board in the Office tomorrow, and get started! Simply write your name in the square as you complete one of the tasks. After you've made a row/column, write your name on the list to the side. We'll draw for prizes on the last day of the competition (December 7th). Have fun!
- "Taste of Home" - You might still be full from Thanksgiving, but don't let that keep you from enjoying a potluck on Friday! Join us in a "Taste of Home" potluck. Bring a dish from your childhood or something that reminds you of home.
- Lockout Drill - Mark your calendars for this Friday @ 2:00. We will conduct a "LockOUT" drill. We will send additional information prior.
- SBDM Meeting - We will meet in C103 Monday afternoon to review/update the CIP.
- GEM Nominations - This coming Friday is the deadline for nominations. Consider recognizing an outstanding fellow educator! Need help? Jennifer Adams is the GEM Queen and can help you complete the form.
Robots in Literacy
It provides some great context and ideas for incorporating coding/robotics into ELAR. The examples are primarily secondary, but could provide some great ideas for elementary as well!
Supporting Writing Across Content Areas
It is that time of year! Dry, cracking hands and lips are upon us. Please remind your parents to send chapstick/lotion to school to keep in their child’s backpack to use in class if needed! I am seeing a lot of kids already for chapstick. Also, it may be a good time for Kindergarten teachers to send a reminder about bringing a “winter” change of clothes to school every day. Hope you had a good Thanksgiving!
Vertical Teams - this Wednesday
Please plan to meet in the Library for a quick 10 staff meeting @ 3:30 prior to going to your Vertical Team room. Thank you!
Week At A Glance
- Bingo Starts!
- Specials Team Time
- SBDM Meeting - 3:15
- 3rd Team Time
- Cooper @ Principal Meeting
- 4th Team Time
- 8:30 - Mayor Hunt speaking w/ 3rd in the Library
- 3:30 - Vertical Teams meet - Start in Library @ 3:30
- 5th Team Time
- Reading Buddy Holiday Celebration - 2:15
- DLI Parent Meeting - 6:30 @ DCE
- Rise & Shine
- Soluciones Training - C103
- Taste of Home Potluck!
- GEMs due
- Lockout Drill - 2:00