Allison Library Newsletter
- The Earning by Learning ceremony for 3rd graders was held on March 3rd. Students received $851 from Leif Johnson Ford. 21 students spent their money on books from Scholastic.
- Ms. Jenkins continued to reconcile overdue books from 2015 and January 2016.
- Students continued to pay and work for their lost books.
- Ms. Jenkins completed the SP E relabeling project.
- Ms. Jenkins received and processed book orders including one granted by the Assistance League OWL program.
- Ms. Jenkins cataloged, processed and distributed technology (Kindles, iPads, etc.) received by teachers through the Assistance League OWL program.
- Ms. Jenkins continues to weed the 500s and 600s.
Ongoing Librarian Activities
- Plans for seven grade levels and teaches 28 classes per week.
- Maintains library calendar.
- Attends staff meetings and trainings.
- Shelves library materials.
- Attends district librarian meetings.
- Attends campus CAC meetings.
- Assists teachers and staff with obtaining books for lessons, etc.
- Maintains library collection and catalog.
- Promotes use of the public library.
Number of Books Checked Out
Upcoming Library Activities
- RIF is during the week of April 11th-15th.
- Ms. Jenkins will attend the TLA conference in Houston on April 21st-22nd. Mrs. Moran-Furner (former Winn librarian) will be our substitute librarian.
- Ms. Jenkins will participate in the Dia de los Ninos/Dia de los libros celebration on April 30th.
- A bridal shower for Ms. Giannobile will be held on May 2nd.