Articles of Confederation
By: Savanna Sprinkle
Advantages Vs. Disadvantages
- Included a unified army for the states.
- Supported the Continental direction of the Continental army.
- Congress had the ability to deal with foreign countries and authorities to declare war, make peace, alliance and sign treaties.
- Set up a legislature where each state had one vote. regardless of it's size.
- Allowed formation of new states that had a population of 60,000.
- Department of Postal Service, Foreign Affairs, and Treasury was established.
- No executive or judicial branch.
- Needed 9 out of 13 states to pass a law.
- In order to pass a law all 13 states to approve.
- No central government power.
- No power to control/ regulate trade.
- Foreign Currency between states.
- No national court system.