Health Update for RMMS Families
From our LVN, Nurse Jeanie
NEW DECISION TREE DATED 1/19/22
Updated COVID Guidelines (1/11/22)
All scholars are required to wear a mask properly. That means it must be fitted, covering the mouth and nose at all times. Scholars who cannot comply will be ineligible for modified quarantine options (early return if exposed/positive).
Please note that we have been instructed by the health department to only accept negative PCR test results from a lab. Home antigen tests are only accepted if they are positive. If a scholar tests positive on a home antigen test followed by a negative lab PCR test, the scholar will still be considered positive. No appointment or insurance is needed for our testing centers, and results are often received in 24-48 hours.
FROM THE HEALTH OFFICE
Hello Rancho Minerva families!
As you all may or may not know, a lot of COVID-19 symptoms in children are the same as the cold, flu, or even allergies! In an effort to keep our families safe, we are following San Diego County guidelines when determining when to send a student home, and for how long. If you haven’t seen the “Decision Tree” made by Health and Human Services, we’ve compiled a simplified version that is easy to follow.
As you can see, any scholar with the following symptoms will be home for a minimum of 10 days, unless a negative COVID-19 test is provided. IF A SCHOLAR IS ILL WITH ANY SYMPTOM OF COVID-19, YOU ARE REQUIRED TO PICK THEM UP FROM SCHOOL IMMEDIATELY. NO EXCEPTIONS. Scholars with COVID-19 symptoms will be placed in a isolation room until parent/guardian or an emergency contact arrives. We recommend making arrangements now for pick-ups and extended absences, as this situation will inevitably arise for most.
And as always, I’m happy to help with additional questions and concerns that you may have.
FEVER/COVID-19 SYMPTOM DECISION TREE
· Fever with or without chills (temperature >100.0 that does not resolve within 30 minutes without medication)
· Cough, shortness of breath
· Nasal congestion
· Sore throat
· Nausea, vomiting, diarrhea
· New loss of taste or smell
· Muscle or body aches
· Poor appetite
SCHOLAR TO STAY HOME UNTIL:
(a) COVID-19 TEST NEGATIVE (Not antibody or antigen test. Must be a PCR COVID viral test)
· May return 24 hours AFTER symptoms resolve
(b) COVID-19 TEST POSITIVE
· May return after 10 days only IF symptoms are improving, and there has been 24 hours without a fever, without the use of medication.
(c ) WITHOUT COVID-19 TEST
· MUST HAVE NOTE FROM PHYSICIAN stating illness is presumed COVID-19 virus- May return at least 14 days from symptom onset IF symptoms are improving, 24 hours without fever (no medication)
· If there is no doctor’s note, the scholar must stay home for 10 days from the day symptoms first appeared, IF symptoms are resolved with no fever for at least 24 hours without the use of medication.
(d ) CHRONIC ILLNESS
· Must provide a note from a health care provider outlining chronic illness and symptoms and how they are not associated with COVID-19. It must also be accompanied by a signed consent form for the school to interact with the doctor in regards to that specific condition.
760-631-4500 ext. 64013
Inject yourself with FACTS!
Hello Rancho Minerva Families!
At this time all persons over the age of 12 are now eligible to receive the vaccine. Getting your scholar protected against the virus plays an important role in stopping the spread of COVID-19. Vaccinated scholars stay in school longer, and will no longer be required to quarantine if they are exposed to someone that is positive with COVID-19*. We highly recommend getting your child vaccinated to keep them in school, and to keep them safe! Appointments available at https://myturn.ca.gov/
(*must be symptom free)
10 COVID-19 Questions answered by Dr. Wilma Wooten
- Is the vaccine safe?
- How will I know it’s my turn to be vaccinated?
- Where can I get the vaccine?
- Are there any side effects?
- Will I still need to wear a mask when I receive the vaccine?
- What is herd immunity?
MASKS WILL BE REQUIRED BY ALL SCHOLARS AND STAFF WHEN INSIDE CLASSROOMS/BUILDING ON VUSD CAMPUSES, INCLUDING RANCHO MINERVA. MASKS ARE OPTIONAL WHEN OUTSIDE. THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT.
WEAR A MASK! IT'S REQUIRED AT SCHOOL!
Not All Heroes Wear Capes…. They Wear MASKS!
We are proud of the safety and health precautions we are taking here at Rancho Minerva. In addition to sanitation and social distancing, mask wearing is a key component in stopping the spread of COVID-19. All persons entering our campus are required to wear a mask. The CDC recommends double masking if possible. Please ensure that your scholar is wearing a freshly laundered mask , or a new disposable mask everyday. Please alert a staff member or stop by the health office if you or your child is in need of a face covering.