Different types of Dolphins
Bottle nose Dolphin
- The bottle nose dolphin pectoral fins are used to help the dolphins stop and turn their bodies. These fins are used to conserve their body heat by fixing their blood circulation.
- The pectoral fins are also used underwater. The bottle noses body temp needs to be 97-99 degrees Fahrenheit. A dolphins tooth is very sharp these teeth can change fish very easily which gives the dolphins a better survival chance. because they can catch their food simply.
- X-Rays show that dolphins fin bones are nearly the same bones has human arms,wrists, and fingers. The bottle nose dolphins eyesight is extremely good they can see predators for a far distance and still have time to escape.
- Common dolphins live in tropical and temperate waters that are warmer than 50 degrees F. They spend most of their time in the open ocean.
- Dolphins with short beaks can interact with other whales. Common dolphins adaptation have a change in their final shape their heart rate can slow down so they can dive easily.
- A dolphin moves its tail up and down to help it swim up to get air. The blubber gathers the body for better speed in water. Dolphins have large brains in relation to the size of their bodies and exceptional intelligence. They sleep with only part of their brain which allows the other part to stay alert of predators. dolphins work together to find food, often herding schools of fish.
- The dusky dolphin adaptation is its blubber, flippers, streamline body, echolocation, and birth they do all these thing in the ocean. dolphins have to leap in and out of the water continually so they can breath.
- Dolphins stay close to the shore for protection when the dusky dolphins travel they travel together for safety. dolphins have lungs not gills and they have a layer of blubber to keep them warm.